Cozy Chicken Broccoli Slow Cooker Lasagna. You read that right, Lasagna in the slow cooker. You’ve got to try this!
I’ve been using my slow cooker(s) a lot lately.
Like… Did you know you could make slow cooker lasagna?
I had no idea!
I was pulling out no boil lasagna one day to make my ultra comforting Chicken Broccoli Lasagna recipe, and wondered if there was any reason why this most comforting of dishes couldn’t be made in the crockpot.
I whisked up a quick cream sauce then started layering the pasta sheets, chicken, fresh broccoli florets, and cheese just as I would in a casserole dish.
Because the edges of a slow cooker are generally round, you need to break the lasagna sheets at angles to create uniform layers. No big deal. It’s kind of like putting a puzzle together.
Then I flipped the switch on my slow cooker and crossed my fingers.
Lo and behold, my rich cheesy Chicken Broccoli Slow Cooker Lasagna came out just fine.
More than fine, really.
The slow cooker created nice crispy edges all around the lasagna, as well as a lovely dense texture.
Plus, the chicken-broccoli-cheese combo offers the appeal of classic broccoli cheese soup, yet as a substantial dinner entree. It’s a nice diversion from classic lasagna that everyone will love.
I believe I’ll be making slow cooker lasagna of all varieties from this day forward.
Chicken Broccoli Slow Cooker Lasagna
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:3 hours
Cozy Chicken Broccoli Slow Cooker Lasagna. You read that right, Lasagna in the slow cooker!
- 1 box DeLallo No Boil Lasagna Noodles
- 2 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese (could be low fat)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Spray a large slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place the cream cheese, onions, and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, until the cream cheese is molten and the onions are soft. Pour in the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and slice the chicken into small bite-size pieces.
- Spread a small amount of the cream cheese sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. Then cover it with a single layer of dried lasagna sheets. Break the noodles to fit into the slow cooker along the round edges. Sprinkle the pasta sheets with 1 cup of broccoli, one-quarter of the chopped chicken, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Drizzle one-quarter of the remaining cream cheese sauce over the ingredients. Repeat the lasagna sheet, chicken, broccoli, cheese, and sauce layering until you have 4 full layers.
- Place the crock in the slow cooker and cover with the lid. Slow cooker for 2-3 hours on high, or 4-6 hours on low. Cut and serve warm.
Yield: 8+, Serving Size: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 674 Calories
- Total Fat: 35.7g
- Saturated Fat: 20.8g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
- Sodium: 624mg
- Carbohydrates: 37.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sugar: 7.2g
- Protein: 47.2g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!