I’ve got a special treat for you today. Amazing 6-Ingredient Cherry Cheesecake Dip with Pie Crust Sticks!
Have you ever stumbled across something accidentally that was just meant to be?
A couple weeks ago I was testing cheesecake recipes. While I poured the cake batter into the pan, my hand slipped and I ended up pouring batter all over the counter and down the cabinets.
After licking the cheesecake batter off my fingers (then wiping up the rest) I thought it’s a real shame we don’t just eat cheesecake batter as-is. After all, it’s less dangerous and very tasty that way!
The problem is the raw eggs. Most of us are too cautious to consume foods with large qualities of raw eggs for fear of salmonella. Well, that is easy enough to fix.
Today’s Cherry Cheesecake Dip with Pie Crust Sticks is an egg-free 6 ingredient dip that makes a perfect casual dessert or sweet snack for parties. The dip literally takes 3 minutes to make.
You can serve it with gingersnaps, graham crackers, or make easy pie crust sticks for dipping using refrigerated roll out pie crust.
Pour the cheesecake dip into a pretty bowl and cover the top with cherry pie filling before serving. Then let your guests dip away.
Speaking of pretty bowls, did you notice the gorgeous porcelain enameled serving pieces in my photos?
These beauties are made from Barn Light Electric, a company located in Florida that crafts retro lighting and all sorts of stunning home goods.
Each piece is made by hand here in the USA, then coated in porcelain enamel, and fired in a kiln to create the sturdy glossy finish.
Barn Light Electric’s serving pieces bring a touch of vintage charm to the dinner table. Every single time I pull them out, our guests rant and rave over them.
Barn Light Electric makes a variety of kitchen to table classics like: stackable mixing bowls, platters, pie pans, cake stands, dish sets, cups and tumblers.
Today I’m featuring the breakfast set which includes four tumblers, four medium bowls, and four 9 1/2 inch plates. This particular set is partially dipped for a fun two-tone look.
Barn Light Electric dishes and serving pieces come in 14 colors and patterns to fit your personal style.
Just look at these fabulous cobalt graniteware tumblers!
Check out all Barn Light Electric’s porcelain enameled dinnerware. And make sure to enter today’s Barn Light Electric giveaway and win a breakfast set just like mine!
TO ENTER: Follow the prompts in the automated entry form below. For US residents only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Look for Barn Light Electric on:
Cherry Cheesecake Dip with Pie Crust Sticks
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 can cherry pie filling, Could be any fruit flavor.
- 2 refrigerated roll out pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For the Pie Crust Sticks: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll out both pie crusts. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the pie crusts into 1/2 inch strips. Then cut each strip into 3 inch sections.
- Sprinkle the pie crust strips with turbinado sugar and cinnamon. Move them to the baking sheets and place 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool.
- For the Cherry Cheesecake Dip: Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor or stand mixer. Beat to soften. Scrape the bowl, then add the yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Beat again until very smooth. Scoop the dip into a serving bowl. Top with cherry pie filling and serve with the pie crust sticks.
NOTE: If making ahead, cover and refrigerate the cheesecake dip without the cherry topping. Add the topping directly before serving.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Barn Light Electric. All opinions are my own.