Healthy Caribbean Coleslaw Recipe, a bold twist on classic coleslaw.
Coleslaw… The underrated side dish at every summer party and barbecue.
When coleslaw is good, it is really fantastic. Yet when coleslaw is average (or worse) we consider it not worth our time.
Well I’m here to tell you, today’s summer coleslaw recipe is in fact worthy of your attention.
It’s a creamy, yet light, Caribbean Coleslaw Recipe with finely shredded cabbage mix, shredded coconut, golden raisins, and scallions speckled throughout. Then kissed by a lean lime and allspice dressing.
Although the sweet coconut undertones are perfectly balanced by the lime and hint of onion, it’s the spice that really makes this recipe shine!
Allspice gives the creamy dressing that distinct island flavor, along with of bit of Mrs. Dash seasoning blend.
This sodium-free spice blend is made up of garlic, peppers, herbs, celery seeds, orange peel and tomato. It adds that extra something you can’t quite put you finger on.
Our Caribbean Coleslaw Recipe can be made in a hurry, or made several days ahead.
Yet best of all, this Caribbean Coleslaw Recipe is gluten free, dairy free, low carb, low in calories, and taste utterly delicious. It’s a great way to get veggies into loved ones that resist green salads.
After one taste, they will gobble it down in a hurry!
More Summer Favorites
Caribbean Coleslaw Recipe
- 14 ounce bag shredded cabbage slaw mix
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise, gluten free
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pour the cabbage slaw mix into a salad bowl. Add the shredded coconut, raisins, and scallions.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lime juice, Mrs. Dash, allspice, and salt.
- Scoop the dressing into the slaw and toss well to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
NOTE: Can be made up to three days in advance.