Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Bold Saucy Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner – Easy to make on one single baking sheet! This zesty recipe is low carb, gluten free, and dairy free!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (4-6 pieces)
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chinese five spice powder (or allspice)
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 13 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch or arrow root powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lay a large rimmed 18X13 inch “half sheet” baking pan out and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet.
- Peel the onion, and cut into quarters. Then slice into 1/4 inch wedges. Seed the bell pepper, and slice into 1/4 inch strips. Then cut the strips in half. Peel the sweet potato, and cut into 1/4 inch rounds. Then cut all the rounds into quarters. Spread the vegetables out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken and vegetables with curry powder, chinese five spice, cayenne, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and black pepper to taste. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut milk, peeled garlic cloves, ginger, honey, and cornstarch in the blender. Puree until smooth.
- After 20 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven. Pour the coconut mixture over the top of the chicken and veggies. Jiggle the pan a little to help mix the roasted spices into the coconut milk. Then place back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the curry sauce simmers. Serve warm.
NOTES: This is a great low carb recipe as-is, However it tastes amazing over rice and can stretch to serve six people. Feel free to substitute other vegetables/ingredients such as green beans, zucchini, or chickpeas.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 414 Calories
- Total Fat: 23.2g
- Saturated Fat: 15.4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Carbohydrates: 29.6g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sugar: 16.7g
- Protein: 24.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2