This Healthy Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner is oh so tantalizing, Plus it’s low carb, gluten free, and dairy free!
Reminiscing over meals we’ve enjoyed in steaming climates helps me get through the toughest part of winter.
Yet if these meals are easy on the hips and take very little effort, well that just makes the recipe all the better!
Today’s Healthy Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner offers a power-punch of exotic flavor.
Chicken, onion, bell pepper, and sweet potatoes are seasoned with curry powder and chinese five spice for an undeniable caribbean melting-pot taste.
After baking for a few minutes, pour a simple coconut milk sauce over the top and pop back in the oven.
The fragrant spices that have been roasting over the chicken will mix and mingle with the coconut milk, garlic, and ginger, creating a purely decadent caribbean curry flavor.
As with all “Sheet Pan Dinners” the chicken and veggies are laid out on one single baking sheet for a meal that is easy to prep, and even easier to clean up!
Making this Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner result in washing only one baking sheet after cooking… Oh, and rinsing out a blender pitcher. *wink*
Best of all, our Healthy Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner easily fits into many diet plans. It’s low carb (using only one sweet potatoes for four servings), gluten free, and dairy free!
You can feel good about serving it to your family.
My family is nuts over this recipe. Thankfully, it’s so easy I can make it any night of the week!
Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (4-6 pieces)
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chinese five spice powder (or allspice)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 13 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch or arrow root powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lay a large rimmed 18X13 inch "half sheet" baking pan out and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet.
- Peel the onion, and cut into quarters. Then slice into 1/4 inch wedges. Seed the bell pepper, and slice into 1/4 inch strips. Then cut the strips in half. Peel the sweet potato, and cut into 1/4 inch rounds. Then cut all the rounds into quarters. Spread the vegetables out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken and vegetables with curry powder, chinese five spice, cayenne, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and black pepper to taste. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut milk, peeled garlic cloves, ginger, honey, and cornstarch in the blender. Puree until smooth.
- After 20 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven. Pour the coconut mixture over the top of the chicken and veggies. Jiggle the pan a little to help mix the roasted spices into the coconut milk. Then place back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the curry sauce simmers. Serve warm.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 414 Calories
- Total Fat: 23.2g
- Saturated Fat: 15.4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Carbohydrates: 29.6g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sugar: 16.7g
- Protein: 24.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!