Healthy Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Healthy Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner is oh so tantalizing, Plus it’s low carb, gluten free, and dairy free!
This time of year I love making dinners that remind me of warm tropical places such as: Hawaiian Poke, Jamaican Jerk Chicken, and Caribbean Confetti Rice.
Reminiscing over meals we’ve enjoyed in steaming climates helps me get through the toughest part of winter.
Yet if these meals are easy on the hips and take very little effort, well that just makes the recipe all the better!
Today’s Healthy Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner offers a power-punch of exotic flavor.
Chicken, onion, bell pepper, and sweet potatoes are seasoned with curry powder and chinese five spice for an undeniable caribbean melting-pot taste.
After baking for a few minutes, pour a simple coconut milk sauce over the top and pop back in the oven.
The fragrant spices that have been roasting over the chicken will mix and mingle with the coconut milk, garlic, and ginger, creating a purely decadent caribbean curry flavor.
As with all “Sheet Pan Dinners” the chicken and veggies are laid out on one single baking sheet for a meal that is easy to prep, and even easier to clean up!
Making this Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner result in washing only one baking sheet after cooking… Oh, and rinsing out a blender pitcher. *wink*
Best of all, our Healthy Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner easily fits into many diet plans. It’s low carb (using only one sweet potatoes for four servings), gluten free, and dairy free!
You can feel good about serving it to your family.
My family is nuts over this recipe. Thankfully, it’s so easy I can make it any night of the week!
Caribbean Chicken Curry Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (4-6 pieces)
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder, or allspice
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 13 ounces unsweetened coconut milk (1 can)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch or arrowroot powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lay a large rimmed 18x13 inch "half sheet" baking pan out and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet.
- Peel the onion, and cut into quarters. Then slice into 1/4 inch wedges. Seed the bell pepper, and slice into 1/4-inch strips. Then cut the strips in half. Peel the sweet potato, and cut into 1/4-inch rounds. Then cut all the rounds into quarters. Spread the vegetables out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken and vegetables with curry powder, Chinese five spice, cayenne, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and black pepper to taste. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut milk, peeled garlic cloves, ginger, honey, and cornstarch in the blender. Puree until smooth.
- After 20 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven. Pour the coconut mixture over the top of the chicken and veggies. Jiggle the pan a little to help mix the roasted spices into the coconut milk. Then place back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the curry sauce simmers. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: Easy, Healthy Meal Plan For Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner – Brit + Co - Keto Blogs
Pingback: Favoritos del viernes - Biohazard-stage
Delicious. I love the taste of Caribbean food. This was delectable. My whole family loved it.
Thanks for sharing! A new favorite meal in my house!
I am loving these bold flavors! Such a great way to spice up our dinner routine.
Sheet Pan dinners have become my ” go to” – so glad to find a yummy recipe to add to my rotation
This looks like a party in the mouth! Taste the rainbow! Yes please
Pingback: Sheet Pan Mongolian Beef - A Spicy Perspective
Pingback: Skinny Chicken Fajita Soup - A Spicy Perspective
Pingback: Weekly Meal Plan #90 - LemonsforLulu.com
Pingback: Sheet Pan Chili Lime Cod - Inside BruCrew Life
Pingback: BEST SHEET PAN DINNER RECIPES - A Dash of Sanity
I made this last night, it was amazing then and still really good as leftovers today! This was my first recipe from A Spicy Perspective, I will definitely be checking out your other recipes!
Pingback: Weekly Meal Plan - Pass The Sushi
Pingback: Weekly Meal Plan for April 3 - April 9 | barefeetinthekitchen.com
Pingback: Weekly Meal Plan Week 90 - Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Pingback: Easy Weekly Meal Plan Week #90 - Sweet C's Designs
Pingback: Easy Meal Plan Week 90
This sheet pan dinner looks delicious. I have almost all the ingredients on your list so making it soon!
I love a good sheet pan supper!
I just love these flavors!
Love that this curry is roasted on a pan!
An easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love sounds like a win to me!
What a great looking dinner recipe! Love!