A simple, yet divine, Caprese Salad Recipe with Roasted Beets and zingy garlic vinaigrette. A summer salad to enjoy all year long.
This is a platter of sheer happiness.
Anything this simple, this fresh, and this vibrant should be enjoyed with a smile… And a glass of wine.
Today’s “Summer of Salads” offering is a colorful twist on a grand classic, the Caprese Salad.
We love the classic blend of fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella so much, I decided to make only two small adjustments in this caprese salad. I added roasted summer beets and a zingy garlic vinaigrette over the top to accentuate the fresh flavors.
We roast beets in several different ways to fit certain dishes. In this Caprese Salad Recipe with Roasted Beets, I wanted the beets to be extra soft and smooth. Therefore I roasted them whole, wrapped in foil to insulate and protect the texture.
Once roasted, I sliced the beets the same width as the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella for easy layering on a platter.
Then I whisked together a quick garlic vinaigrette, allowing the garlic to flavor the dressing. Then right before drizzling, removed the garlic for a smooth finish.
A little drizzle over the top and you have a simple summer salad perfect for any meal or occasion.
Sometimes I eat this for lunch… All by myself.
Standing over the sink.
Because it’s that good.
You can serve this gorgeous Caprese Salad Recipe with Roasted Beets family-style on one large platter, or individually plated for an elegant affair.
Either way, it will never disappoint!
Caprese Salad Recipe with Roasted Beets
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
Caprese Salad with Roasted Beets and Garlic Vinaigrette. A gorgeous vibrant seasonal salad that highlights fresh produce at its best.
For the Caprese Salad Recipe:
- 2 large red beets, peeled
- 2 large golden tomatoes
- 2 mozzarella balls
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- Cracked pepper
For the Garlic Vinaigrette:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoon golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 pinches salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap both beets in foil individually and place on a small baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes. Then unwrap and cool a little. Slice the beets into thin rounds.
- Meanwhile whisk all the ingredients for the garlic vinaigrette in a small bowl. Allow the dressing to sit for 15 minutes, then strain out the garlic chunks. Set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella balls into thin rounds. Arrange the beets, tomatoes, mozzarella slices, and fresh basil leaves on a large platter. Drizzle with the garlic vinaigrette and sprinkle with cracked pepper before serving.
NOTE: Also try with golden beets and red tomatoes.
Yield: 6-8 servings, Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 175 Calories
- Total Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 237mg
- Carbohydrates: 11.6g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Protein: 7.6g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!