Burnt Honey Bourbon Sour – A twist on a classic Whiskey Sour Cocktail with depth and intrigue. Summer never tasted so good!
Summer is the time for cocktail creativity. It’s time to shake things up a bit, so to speak.
We’ve got another fabulous summer cocktail from Erin Hawley, our resident mixologist. The Burnt Honey Bourbon Sour offers rich caramel notes with a touch of citrus flavor. I find sipping this cool refreshing beverage on a hot day to be both satisfying and calming.
You are going to love this one!
BURNT HONEY BOURBON SOUR
A Note From Erin: In this cocktail the classic whiskey sour gets a few updates. In place of a traditional sweetener I substitute burnt honey syrup and orange marmalade. I know the burnt honey sounds odd, but it gives the drink a rich caramelized flavor.
Whiskey and bourbon drinkers alike are going to be all over this beverage.
Burnt Honey Bourbon Sour
Burnt Honey Bourbon Sour – A twist on a classic Whiskey Sour with depth and intrigue! This summer cocktail is perfect for outdoor parties.
- 2 ounces of your favorite Bourbon
- .5 ounce fresh lemon juice
- .5 ounce burnt honey syrup (see below for recipe)
- Teaspoon of orange marmalade (you could easily make your own, or for store bought I like Bonne Maman)
- For Burnt Honey Syrup: Heat 1/2 cup of honey in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Once the honey starts to simmer and foam reduce the heat to low. Let the honey cook over low heat, stirring constantly for another 2-3 minutes, or until the honey turns a deep golden brown. Remove from heat and immediately add 1/3 cup water and stir to combine. Let the mixture cool. This should keep refrigerated for up to a month.
- For the Burnt Honey Bourbon Sour: Shake all ingredients together with ice, then fine strain over a rocks glass filled with ice.
Yield: 1, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 193 Calories
- Total Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Carbohydrates: 16.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugar: 15.8g
- Protein: 0.2g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!