Crunchy savory Buffalo Blue Cheese Popcorn with a spicy kick!
Step up your popcorn with this Buffalo Blue Cheese Popcorn recipe.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Popcorn has the seasoning of buffalo hot wings, cool celery, and tangy blue cheese… With a crunch.
This zesty, savory Buffalo Blue Cheese Popcorn is a great addition to holiday parties, family movie night, or an anytime treat.
Popcorn is truly a great American snack food. Popcorn is versatile, healthy and fun.
It is also economical if you make your own. It can be enjoyed plain, sweet, buttered, cheesy, caramelized, herbed, or spiced up.
The beauty of making your own Buffalo Blue Cheese Popcorn is you control how salty, zesty and cheesy you like it.
First things first. The corn is the base of a really great popcorn recipe. You want to start with a popcorn that tastes like corn, with a great nutty aroma.
Pick a popcorn you would eat right out of the popper unseasoned. Select a corn that pops up puffy and pillowy.
You want plenty of surface area, for your seasonings to adhere to.
That all said, you may use your favorite popping method. (Electric popper, stovetop pan, microwave, etc…)
My favorite is the stovetop method. This is ironic due to the fact that the first time I ever attempted to pop popcorn on the stovetop I caught the kitchen on fire.
Not just the pan, there was melted varnish on the cabinets, blackened ceiling, lots of charring, destroyed cookware, the whole deal. I was 10 years old and have since perfected my technique.
Now I happen to have the perfect stovetop pan for big fluffy popcorn. It has been transformed over much time and reckless abuse. The bottom of the pan is bowed and the lid is bent, warped and does not quite fit.
These may sound like bad things to you, but as far as popcorn pans go, they are a huge plus. The kernels sink to the bottom of the pan and the popped corn stays on top of it.
The warped and bent lid allows the steam to escape, keeping the corn light and dry.
All that said, let’s talk about the seasonings.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Popcorn is flavored with butter, wing sauce, dry spices, and powdered blue cheese.
Your zesty, tangy cheesy popcorn is minutes away!
Toss up a batch of Buffalo Blue Cheese Popcorn and treat your taste buds to some fun!
Buffalo Blue Cheese Popcorn
- 8 – 12 quarts of good quality popped corn, remove un-popped kernels
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp buffalo wing sauce
- 1-2 tbsp buffalo seasoning powder
- 1/4-1/3 cup blue cheese powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- Whisk the melted butter and buffalo wing sauce together. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Drizzle mixture over the popped corn, a little at a time, tossing thoroughly in between.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of buffalo wing seasoning, celery salt, and blue cheese powder over the popcorn. Toss to mix. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Pour the popcorn into a high sided baking pan and warm on low heat until crisp. Approximately 20 minutes.