Brownie Belgium Waffles A La Mode – Belgian Waffles loaded with chocolate chips and that edge-of-the-brownie-pan appeal we just can’t get enough of!
Well, I’m certainly not hiding the chocolate today. These extravagantly rich chocolatey Brownie Belgium Waffles are chock-full of mini chocolate chips with a crisp brownie texture.
They can be enjoyed as a fabulous off the cuff dessert, served a la mode with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce or raspberry preserves.
Or as a full throttle, balls to the wall, in your face breakfast. I dare you.
Simply whisk together a quick brownie-like waffle batter and scoop it into a hot belgian waffle iron.
The waffle iron fills out creating that crispy “brownie edge” over the entire surface of each waffle, with hot molten chocolate morsels inside. Sigh…
Interestingly, when the Brownie Belgium Waffles are ready to remove from the waffle iron, they are really soft and delicate. Flip them out of the waffle iron very gently, then watch as they magically crisp up before your eyes. (Opposite of traditional waffles that soften a little as they cool.)
Guys, I love these Brownie Belgium Waffles A La Mode so so much.
They make homemade brownies attainable in mere minutes.
They make breakfast feel like dessert, and dessert feel like chocolate utopia.
Brownie Belgium Waffles A La Mode make my insides smile!
Brownie Belgium Waffles A La Mode
Yield: 3 large belgium waffles (12 wedges)
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Rich Chocolatey Brownie Belgium Waffles A La Mode! An easy belgian waffle recipe loaded with chocolate chips, and a crispy edge-of-the-brownie-pan texture.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cups mini chocolate chips
- Optional Toppings: vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, powdered sugar
- Preheat a Belgium waffle maker. In a large bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Melt the butter and set aside to cool a little.
- Beat the eggs, vanilla extract, and water in a small bowl. Whisk the egg mixture into the dry mixture, then quickly mix in the melted butter. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour one-third of the batter into the waffle iron, close and cook for approximately 3 minutes. Lift the lid to check the waffle. It should be fully formed, but soft to the touch. Carefully turn the waffle iron to flip the waffle out. The moment it starts cooling, it will crisp up. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve as-is, with powdered sugar on top, or “a la mode” with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce!
Yield: 3 large belgium waffles (12 wedges), Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 475 Calories
- Total Fat: 26.6g
- Saturated Fat: 18.3g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Sodium: 353mg
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sugar: 43.4g
- Protein: 6g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!