Easy Sheet Pan Brown Sugar Baked Salmon and Vegetables, a light southern dinner you can enjoy any time of year!
We eat salmon at least two or three times a month. We never get tired of moist tender salmon fillets, dressed in all sorts of herbs and spices. It’s a high-protein meal the whole family enjoys and I can feel good about serving.
It’s simple to make and packed with flavor!
Robyn’s Add A Pinch Cookbook was just released in book stores and on Amazon. It’s filled with true southern favorites you can make in a hurry, as well as updated lighter renditions of traditionally heavy meals.
I loved reading the stories behind Robyn’s recipes, as well as the in-depth cooking notes, and the tips for turning leftovers into something new and tasty!
The stunning photos are the perfect complement to this deliciously appealing book of down home meals.
And we all loved this simple Sheet Pan Brown Sugar Baked Salmon with Vegetables recipe from the Add A Pinch Cookbook. It’s light and healthy with a touch of decadence from the brown sugar glaze.
To make Brown Sugar Baked Salmon with Vegetables, start by cutting yellow squash, zucchini, and onions into thin slices. I did this with a mandolin slicer.
Lay a large salmon fillet on a baking sheet and spread the veggies around it.
Bake the salmon for 10 minutes. Then spread a mixture of brown sugar and stone ground mustard over the salmon. Bake for a few more minutes.
See how easy that was?
Robyn is a master at creating simple fool-proof recipes that will dazzle your dinner table.
For more recipes like this, you’ve got to get your hands on the Add A Pinch cookbook!
Brown Sugar Baked Salmon and Vegetables
Easy Sheet Pan Brown Sugar Baked Salmon and Vegetables Recipe – A light and delicious southern dinner from the Add a Pinch Cookbook.
- 2 pound whole salmon fillet
- 3 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, on the baking sheet.
- Arrange the vegetables alongside the salmon around the edges of the baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil. Sprinkle the salmon and vegetables with salt and pepper. Cover the fish and vegetables with another piece of parchment paper or foil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and stone ground mustard. Remove the salmon from the oven and remove the top piece of parchment paper. Spread the brown sugar mixture over the top of the salmon. Place the pan back in the oven and bake until the thickest part reaches 135 degrees F, about 15 minutes.
Yield: , Serving Size: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 233 Calories
- Total Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Sodium: 357mg
- Carbohydrates: 8.7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Protein: 24g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!