Banana Coconut Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Everyone has a favorite moist banana bread recipe. This Banana Coconut Bread is my personal favorite and has gained recognition from a few other prestigious critics as well.
This vivid memory of my four year old son makes me smile every time I think of it.
I walked into the kitchen one afternoon to see his pale-blue eyes, half covered in disheveled hair, peeping over the counter top. …No, let me correct that. Intensely glaring over the edge of the counter, at the bananas that sat there.
I asked, “Carson, are you hungry?”
“Yes,” he sheepishly replied.
“Would you like a banana?”
He paused a moment, then in a tormented tone answered, “No. (long pause) I’m waiting for the bananas to DIE, so I can eat banana bread!”
Banana Coconut Bread, the utopian state to which all bananas aspire. Or at least that is the belief in my house. Everyone enjoys a ripe banana. Yet they all, husband included, leave them sitting there. Hoping, if there are 3 bananas left when they turn dark, this supreme treat will emerge.
Ah, the lesson of delayed gratification.
I’m enormously intrigued watching my children ponder this virtue of patience. Mediocre satisfaction now, or jovial bliss later. Hmmm…
This ultra moist Banana Coconut Bread recipe is a must-try. The butter, applesauce and bananas create a dense tender texture that is hard to resist. The addition of shredded coconut and almonds provide that extra something that take this bread to the next level. I’ve tried many moist banana bread recipes over the years, but this Banana Coconut Bread is the best in my opinion!
Other Irresistible Breads:
Nutella Swirl Tea Loaf ~ All Day I Dream About Food
Cheddar Scallion Monkey Bread ~ Foodie with Family
Banana Coconut Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan. (1 1/2 quart capacity)
- Using an electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Then add the applesauce, eggs and bananas. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dried ingredients. Slowly beat the dry mixture into the wet.
- Add the coconut and chopped nuts. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 20 minutes, then lower the temperature to 325 degrees F and bake another 40+ minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then flip it out onto a cooling rack.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!