Gooey fudgy Baileys Irish Cream Coffee Bars are our go-to treat for Saint Patrick’s Day this year!
Sometimes you just need a rich creamy treat to get you through the day. Ever feel that way?
Last week I was looking through the liquor cabinet for Amaretto, and noticed a forgotten bottle of Baileys Irish Cream in the back.
I stood wide-eyed in silent reverence of the most decadent of liquors.
A find like this called for celebration… Cocktails? Coffee? Creamy jello shots?
Yes to the cocktails! And with the rest of it, I decided to make a treat in honor of Saint Patricks Day.
Today’s Baileys Irish Cream Coffee Bars are a luxurious treat to bake this March, or any time of year in my opinion.
When you bite into Baileys Irish Cream Coffee Bars your teeth sink through, not one, but two layers of robust sugary bliss.
The rich fudgy brownie base contains a decent amount of Baileys Irish Cream. However, it’s baked so most of the alcohol will burn off leaving the tantalizing flavor behind.
The gooey top layer offers a pop of coffee flavor, so the combination is reminiscent of a hot Irish Cream and Coffee. Or maybe an Irish Cream Mocha!
If you find yourself needing a pick-me-up this week, these dark and dangerous treats are sure to do the trick!
Baileys Irish Cream Coffee Bars are the perfect treat to serve this Saint Paddy’s Day. They’ve got the goods to keep your party guests smiley all evening long.
Baileys Irish Cream Coffee Bars
Baileys Irish Cream Coffee Bars Recipe - Sticky-sweet Irish cream brownie bars with a silky coffee top layer. An irresistible Saint Patrick's Day treat!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 6 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt together.
- Whisk in the melted butter, Baileys Irish Cream, and 3 eggs. Once smooth, stir in the mini chocolate chips. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Place the cream cheese in the food processor (or the bowl of a stand mixer.) Puree/Beat to soften. Scrape the bowl, then add 3 eggs, powdered sugar, and instant coffee granules. Puree (or beat on low) again until completely smooth. Pour the mixture over the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until the center is set when jiggled. Cool for 15 minutes, then place the pan in the refrigerator to chill. Once the bars are completely cold, lift the entire batch of bars out of the pan by the edges of the paper and cut. Baileys Irish Cream Coffee Bars can be left out on the countertop for up to 3 days, or refrigerated for up to a week.
NOTE: For bars with pretty edges, wipe the knife with a wet paper towel between each cut.