Apple Cheddar Palmiers
These easy baked Apple Cheddar Palmiers make a wonderful snack for any holiday party! They are a great make-ahead and taste great at room temperature.
My family strategically circles the kitchen until the meal is ready, slipping by the counter to snatch a stray slice of prime rib or an unwatched roll.
Over time, I’ve discovered pre-party snacks are the way to go. Munchies that are out of the kitchen, and out of my way, keep us all sane until the guests arrive and the meal is ready.
Is does take a little extra work, but I believe it’s worth the effort!
If you buy a few pre-made dips, then incorporate a couple quick homemade snacks, everyone is off the prowl until mealtime.
Apple Cheddar Palmiers are perfect for just such an occasion. They are quick to put together, and you can refrigerate or freeze until you are ready to use them. Then just slice and bake!
Apple Cheddar Palmiers can even be baked ahead if you so desire, because they taste incredible at room temperature.
Want to make some?
Sauté some apples and shallots in butter. Then sprinkle them over the top of puff pastry sheets.
Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top and start rolling…
Fold the pastry sheets inward 1/4 of the width on both ends like you’re folding a pamphlet. Fold in again so that the dough meets in the middle. Fold one more time to make a roll.
Then refrigerate until you are ready to make. When the moment strikes, pull your Apple Cheddar Palmiers log out of the fridge, slice and bake to golden perfection.
Apple Cheddar Palmiers are always a hit with my family. I bet your family will love them just as much!
Apple Cheddar Palmiers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 baking apples, peeled and diced
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup sharp grated cheddar
- 2 sheets puff pastry 1 box
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper
- Lay each piece of puff pastry on its own piece of parchment paper and roll them lightly to remove the fold lines. Preheat a skillet to medium-high. Saute the apples and shallots in butter for 3-5 minutes. Add the nutmeg, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Top both pieces of puff pastry with apple mixture and distribute evenly. Then top them with shredded cheese.
- Fold the pastry sheets inward 1/4 of the width on both ends. Fold in again so that the dough meets in the middle. Fold one more time. Wrap the rolls in the paper and place the rolls in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill before cutting. (Wrap them well if you are prepping ahead.)
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Carefully slice each roll into 12-15 1/2 inch slices and lay them flat on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Whisk the egg and brush it over the tops. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!