Antipasto Skewers with Herb Vinaigrette are great for cocktail parties and weekend barbecues. They are easy to handle and so easy to love!
We are party people. Be it an intimate dinner, or a big holiday bash, making merry with food and friends is part of our family culture. Even the kids get involved when we have an event on the horizon.
My daughter has been known to start planning our annual Halloween party months in advance. When the rest of us sit down to discuss the plans, she informs us that the food, guest list, and activities are already determined. Although I love her help, when I plan a gathering, the menu is always in the forefront of my mind.
This is what I’m looking for in a Party Menu:
- Visual appeal
- Foods that can sit out and taste good at room temperature
- Make-aheads to spread out the work load
- Easy to prepare
- Fresh seasonal ingredients
Today’s dish is an appetizer that covers all my party menu requirements. It’s visually appealing, can be made ahead easily, and includes fresh tomatoes and basil straight from my garden!
I put my antipasto platter on small wooden skewers to make them easy to carry, then dress them with a zesty dressing for easy-peasy Antipasto Skewers with Herb Vinaigrette.
The beauty of these Antipasto Skewers with Herb Vinaigrette is that you can put all your favorites from an antipasto platter right on the little sticks. Then pop them in the fridge a couple days in advance.
Although I like to be able to make some dishes ahead, it’s extremely important to me to offer fresh ingredients to my guests. This recipe allow for both!
Antipasto Skewers with Herb Vinaigrette
- 8 ounce container small fresh mozzarella balls
- 8 ounces hard salami, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 can small artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted olives, any variety
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 package 4-6 inch skewers
- In a small bowl, whisk to together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Slide 3 or 4 antipasto platter items on each skewer. They don't all have to be the same.
- If making a day or two ahead, leave the basil leaves off and pour the vinaigrette over the skewers to marinate.
- If making the day of the party, place the basil leaves on the skewers. And serve the vinaigrette on the side.
Other Great Recipes
Blueberry Pie Homemade Ice Cream (+ No-Churn Version!) Next Post
Blackberry Bread Pudding Recipe