Amazing Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs – No smoker or oven needed for our best bbq baby back ribs recipe! Easily make the most incredible, fall-off-the-bone tender pork ribs in just 30 minutes using your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Every summer I face the same conundrum: I want to make bbq ribs because it’s summer and that’s just what you do in the summer… But because it is summer and therefore incredibly hot outside, I loathe the idea of standing around a hot smoker or grill for hours on end.
Baking ribs in the kitchen oven, although terrifically easy, creates the same problem of adding heat to the already sweltering temps. My poor air conditioner can only do so much!
So how can you enjoy this seasonal staple without feeling like you’ve been hanging out in a sauna all day?
The answer is simple; use your handy Instant Pot to make perfectly tender bbq pork ribs in just 30 minutes!
The Most Amazing Baby Back Ribs
Baby back pork ribs are traditionally made in a smoker, but many people either don’t have a smoker, or don’t have the time (or the desire) to stand out in the hot yard for hours. And I certainly do not blame you!
Luckily, it’s easy to make just as tender, fall-off-the-bone delicious ribs inside in just a fraction of the time using a pressure cooker.
This Amazing Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs recipe will leave you wondering why everyone doesn’t use this method every time, and skip bothering with the smoker or grill altogether. Pork ribs cooked in the pressure cooker are juicy, flavorful, and perfect for serving at your next “barbecue.”
What Ingredients You Need
The absolute best bbq ribs recipes include both a dry rub and barbecue sauce. This combination creates a deep, rich flavor that is both slightly sweet and wonderfully spice-full.
Here’s what you need to make Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs:
- Baby back ribs – AKA pork loin back ribs.
- Water – Just a little below the rack, to create the pressure in the pressure cooker.
- Apple cider vinegar – To perfectly and quickly tenderize the ribs.
- Liquid smoke – Creates that smoked-all-day flavor without the effort.
- Barbecue sauce – Your favorite brand or homemade.
Ingredients to make our amazing Rib Rub:
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
How to Make Baby Back Ribs in the Instant Pot
Very little prep time is needed to make Instant Pot BBQ Ribs, and the entire dish is ready in a little over 30 minutes. You’ll love being able to make all of your side dishes in advance, and then throw together the ribs just before dinnertime!
First, prepare the baby back ribs: If they have a membrane (silverskin) on the back, use a paring knife and separate it from the rack and discard.
Then in a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the rib rub. Give the rack of ribs a thorough rub down with the spice blend.
Set a metal rack in the bottom of your 6-8 quart Instant Pot and pour in the water, apple cider vinegar, and liquid smoke. Roll the baby back ribs into a circle and set the rack in the Instant Pot.
Next, lock the lid into place and set on Pressure Cook High for 25 minutes. Perform a Natural Release to release the pressure once the 25 minutes is done.
You can immediately brush the ribs with bbq sauce and serve as-is. However, if you want the traditional crust on the outside, generously brush the pork ribs with bbq sauce and broil them in the oven for just a few minutes.
Get the Complete (Printable) Amazing Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs Recipe Below. Enjoy!
How Do I Make Two Racks of BBQ Ribs?
You can easily cook 2 racks of baby back ribs in the same Instant Pot by coiling them together. Increase the Pressure Cook time to 30 minutes, and then do a Natural Release once done.
This will yield approximately four servings of pork ribs.
Can I Cook BBQ Spare Ribs in the Instant Pot?
Yes, you absolutely can pressure cook pork spare ribs the same way! As spare ribs tend to be a bit larger than baby back, simply set the Instant Pot on High for 30-35 minutes to properly cook.
How Long Will Instant Pot Pork Ribs Keep Well?
Stored tightly wrapped in plastic or aluminum foil, bbq pork ribs will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
You can even make baby back or short ribs in the Instant Pot the day before serving, and then brush with bbq sauce and broil just before enjoying.
Looking for More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Italian Beef
- Best Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Instant Pot Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks
- Homemade Instant Pot Apple Sauce
- Instant Pot Perfect Carnitas
Amazing Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
To Make Instant Pot Pork Ribs
- Flip the ribs over. If they have a membrane (silverskin) on the back, use a paring knife to separate the silverskin from the rack. Discard the membrane.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the rib rub. Then give the rack of ribs a thorough rub down with the spice blend.
- Set out a 6-8 quart Instant Pot. Set a rack in the bottom of the pot and pour in the water, apple cider vinegar, and liquid smoke. Roll the ribs into a circle and set the rack in the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid into place and set on Pressure Cook High for 25 minutes. Once the timer goes off, perform a Natural Release. When the steam valve button drops, it is safe to open the Instant Pot.
- You can brush the ribs with bbq sauce and serve as-is. However, if you want the traditional crust on the outside, brush the ribs with sauce and broil them in the oven for 2-4 minutes.