5-Ingredient Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe: These zesty Asian-inspired stuffed mushrooms are rich and packed with flavor, yet still fit in a ketogenic diet!
You should know, I’ve been making this stuffed mushroom recipe for 20 years… Long before it was trendy to create low carb recipes
They’ve been a big hit at Collier parties for two decades, and in multiple states.
So there’s no need to look at this recipe, and wonder if the words “low carb” equal “less desirable.”
Nope. No they don’t.
Today’s 5-Ingredient Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is just as tantalizing as ever. Juicy, shimmering, and kissed with Asian flavor.
I’m just pointing out, right now in the middle of post-holiday diet season, that you can still have these.
And you will want to!
5-Ingredient Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms Ingredients
The secret to the bold tangy-sweet flavor of these mushrooms is in the simple well-selected ingredients.
- Mushrooms – You can use standard buttom mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, or any variety with a deep cavity when you remove the stems.
- Pork sausage – the zesty seasoning in the sausage means you don’t have to add additional ingredients in the pork stuffing.
- Plum sauce – I know low carbers might be shocked by this, but we’re just using a little plum sauce for sweetness and flavor… And most of it runs off. *wink*
- Sesame oil – To add that punch of ambiguous Asian appeal.
- Scallions – For a pop of freshness and color at the end.
How To Make 5-Ingredient Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
This recipe could not be any easier…
- Pop the stems off your mushrooms. You can discard them and save them to add to soups and salads.
- Stuff the cavity of each mushroom with pork sausage.
- Brush the tops with a mixture of plum sauce and sesame oil.
- Bake until bubbly.
- Sprinkle scallions over the tops and these glistening stuffed mushrooms are ready to roll!
Get the Complete (Printable) 5-Ingredient Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Below!
Low Carb Stuffed Mushroom Q & A
Yes, but the plum sauce offers a huge amount of flavor. I suggest substituting low sugar hoisin sauce, or just cutting the plum sauce in half.
Yes. However, ground sausage varieties are best if you want to keep the ingredient list short. Try ground chicken sausage instead!
Yes, but shiitakes are pretty flat and don’t provide much room for stuffing the pork filling. It’s best to go with mushroom varieties that have a deep stem cavity.
Yes! 1) You can either prep and bake them. Then rewarm the mushrooms later. 2) Or you can prep them and place them in the refrigerator, unbaked. Then bake them right before your event. I would go with option 2.
More Low Carb Party Appetizers You Will Love!
- Best Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3-Cheese Baked Oysters
- Spicy Bake Chicken Drumsticks
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
5-Ingredient Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
A simple zesty stuffed mushroom recipe with only 5 simple ingredients and big Asian flavor!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set out a 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
Gently pop the stems off the mushrooms to expose the cavity. If the stems don't come out clean, you can use a small pairing knife to remove the rest.
Fill the cavity of each mushroom with ground pork. Place them in the baking dish, pork side up.
In a small bowl, whisk the plum sauce and sesame oil together. Brush the sauce over the top of each mushroom.
Bake for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle scallions over the mushrooms and serve warm.
These mushrooms can be prepped ahead, refrigerated, then baked a day later.