4-Ingredient Avocado Ice Cream (Vegan!)
Vegan Avocado Ice Cream – An easy recipe for perfectly creamy, refreshing, and utterly delicious dairy-free homemade avocado ice cream. This healthier vegan ice cream includes just 4 wholesome ingredients.
You might have noticed that ice cream is our FAVORITE treat for summer. We love super-indulgent flavors, like Lavender Dark Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and Whiskey and Spiced Walnut Ice Cream. We also love ice creams that are fresh and fruity, such as Grilled Peaches and Ginger and Blackberry Ice Cream with Star Anise. And this Blueberry Pie Homemade Ice Cream is great for some luxurious old-fashioned fruitiness!
Although we’re big fans of classic ice cream made with dairy, we also try to have delicious options that guests can enjoy regardless of dietary preferences. Like our Coconut Milk Ice Cream, which is a terrific dairy-free ice cream recipe alternative to traditional vanilla ice cream!
Here’s another vegan-friendly ice cream that will make everyone happy… This Avocado Ice Cream recipe is just as easy to make as any other version, with the help of an ice cream maker. It’s a super simple 4-ingredient dairy-free dessert that’s ultra-silky and rich due to a perfect combination of avocado and coconut.
Try this fun summertime vegan recipe anytime you want a lighter, healthier, and still wonderfully tasty ice cream treat!
What Does Avocado Ice Cream Taste Like?
You’ll notice that the ice cream has a lovely light green hue. The avocado not only provides a fun color, smooth texture, and tons of vitamins – this beloved fruit adds a terrifically unique taste. It’s slightly sweet, a bit earthy, and buttery.
And when mixed with the coconut, the Avocado Ice Cream spins into a vibrant tropical-flavored treat. There is a familiar yet exotic fruity flavor that’s unlike anything you’ve typically had at an ice cream shop!
Ingredients You Need
There are only 4 simple ingredients used to make this delicious vegan dessert recipe. You need:
- Haas Ripe Avocados – ripe, with a light brown/green skin and semi-firm feel when gently squeezed
- Full-fat unsweetened coconut milk – low-fat milk won’t have the same creaminess and thick texture
- Granulated sugar – or coconut sugar
- Lime juice – freshly squeezed
Keep reading for tasty mix-in suggestions!
How to Make Dairy-Free Vegan Avocado Ice Cream
First, place the coconut milk, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepot. Set it over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves and the coconut milk is perfectly smooth. The moment the mixture is smooth, turn off the heat. The hotter the mixture is, the more time it takes to cool, so don’t let it heat for too long.
Now pour the coconut milk into the blender.
Pit the avocados and scoop the flesh out of the skins. Then add the avocado flesh and freshly-squeezed lime juice to the blender.
Cover and puree until smooth.
If the mixture is still warm, chill to room temperature or cooler. Once the ice cream mixture is cool, pour it into an electric ice cream machine.
Get the Complete (Printable) Vegan Avocado Ice Cream Recipe + VIDEO Below. Enjoy!
Set and churn for 20-25 minutes.
Serve immediately, or move to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
As-is this vegan ice cream has a bit of tropical flair, thanks to the beautiful combination of avocado, coconut, and lime.
But this is just the start of your unique dairy-free ice cream recipe! Once the ice cream has been fully churned you can mix things up by folding in all kinds of extra goodies!
A few of our favorite Avocado Ice Cream add-ins include:
- lime zest
- diced mango or pineapple
- graham cracker crumbs
- shredded coconut
- white or dark chocolate shavings
Avocado Ice Cream Topping and Serving Suggestions
Enjoy homemade dairy-free Avocado Ice Cream plain in a bowl or cone for a healthy, refreshing, and flavorful treat.
You can top the ice cream with coconut shavings, white chocolate or dark chocolate chips, crushed nuts, and dairy-free whipped cream.
Add extra oomph to the tropical flavor by adding a spoonful of pineapple compote or fresh mango slices to the churned ice cream.
Make this an extra special treat by serving it in homemade Fried Ice Cream Bowls!
How to Store Homemade Non-Dairy Avocado Ice Cream
Keep the ice cream in a covered airtight freezer-safe container for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Pro Tip: Let the frozen ice cream sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to scoop more easily.
Looking for More Delicious Plant-Based Dessert Recipes?
- No-Churn Mocha Mint Chip Vegan Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding (Vegan!)
- Gluten-Free Vegan Fruit Pizza
- Mango Italian Ice
- Paleo Bars with Nuts and Chocolate Drizzle
Check the printable recipe card for the nutrition percentages including calories, fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C.
4-Ingredient Vegan Avocado Ice Cream Recipe + VIDEO
- Place the coconut milk, sugar, and a pinch of salt in medium saucepot. Set over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves and the coconut milk is perfectly smooth. The moment the mixture is smooth, turn off the heat. (The hotter the mixture is, the more time it takes to cool.)
- Pour the coconut milk into the blender. Pit the avocados and scoop the flesh out of the skins. Then add the avocado flesh and lime juice to the blender. Cover and puree until smooth.
- If the mixture is warm, chill to room temperature or cooler.
- Once the ice cream mixture is cool, pour it into an electric ice cream machine. Set and churn for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately or move to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!