3-Ingredient Affogato Bourbon Shots Recipe: Holiday bourbon shots combined with mini Affogato, make a fun and festive adult treat!
Hey party animals! Are you ready for this week of holiday festivities?!
I sure am.
It’s been a long year. Not bad… Just long.
Teens. Relationships. Work. Hormones. Aging. All these things have piled up in a fast-paced flurry of excitement, exhaustion, and a bit of drama.
I’m ready to relax, and I know many of you out there feel the same way.
For the next week I will be “out of office,” in my jammies, and munching handfuls of cheese and caramel corn from a giant tin can.
Oh yes, and I will be sipping celebratory adult beverages.
Who’s with me?
Today’s quickie holiday recipe is a fun mash-up of one of my favorite treats, plus bourbon.
These 3-Ingredient Affogato Bourbon Shots are the perfect mini dessert cocktails to ring in Christmas and New Year.
Combing caffeine and booze, chills you out and picks you up, all at the same time!
Ready to play bartender?
What Is Affogato?
Affogato is a no-fuss Italian treat combining a scoop of vanilla gelato and a shot of hot espresso.
The espresso melts the gelato a little, creating a creamy caffeinated milkshake-like dessert, you sip and eat with a spoon.
Affogato Bourbon Shots Ingredients
- Vanilla gelato or ice cream – Choose your favorite brand (and type) of vanilla ice cream. French vanilla or Vanilla bean Gelato are good choices.
- Espresso – Either buy or brew fresh espresso, then chill it ahead of time for the cocktails.
- Bourbon – Use your favorite mid-range bourbon. I like Buffalo Trace, McKenna, or Knob Creek.
How To Make 3-Ingredient Affogato Bourbon Shots
This recipe could not be any easier!
- Simply scoop tiny ice cream balls into shot glasses.
- Then top with bourbon and espresso.
Get The Full 3-Ingredient Affogato Bourbon Shots Recipe Below
More Fun Holiday Beverages
3-Ingredient Affogato Bourbon Shots
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla gelato or ice cream
- 3/4 ounce bourbon
- 3/4 ounce chilled espresso
Brew enough espresso for as many Affogato Bourbon Shots as you would like to make. Then chill the espresso.
Scoop mini ice cream balls into 2-ounce shot glasses.
Pour the bourbon over the ice cream, followed by the chilled espresso. Serve immediately.