Paleo White Chicken Chili
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:33 minutes
- 1.5 – 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 – 7 ounce cans green chiles
- 3 tablespoons thick canned coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish
- Chop the chicken and veggies. Then place a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onions, peppers, jalapeño, and garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes, then add the chicken, salt and spices. Saute another 5-8 minutes, until the chicken is nearly cooked through. Add the broth, green chiles, and coconut milk. Whisk in the arrowroot powder and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Then take a potato masher (or ladle) and smash the chicken pieces to shreds. Serve topped with green onions and cilantro.
Note: Feel free to use cornstarch or masa in place of the arrowroot powder, and add 2 cans (drained) of white beans, if you aren’t on a paleo diet.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2