Vietnamese Coffee Popsicle Recipe
Prep Time:10 minutes active time + 4 hours freezer time
- 2 cups very strong French roast coffee, hot
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk in a bowl or measuring pitcher. Pour the hot coffee over the top and stir until blended. Allow the coffee to cool for a few minutes.
- Carefully pour the Vietnamese coffee into 12 popsicle molds, 2/3 – 3/4 full. Place in the freezer and freeze until slushy, about 1- 2 hours.
- Mix the heavy cream with 3 Tb. sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Pull the Popsicle out of the freezer.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of cream over the top of each pop and add a popsicle stick to the middle. Return to the freezer and freeze until hard.
- To remove from the molds: Fill the sink with warm water and dip the bottoms of the molds in the warm water for 30+ seconds. Pull the sticks straight up, don’t turn or twist them. *Although I love the look of wooden popsicle sticks, the molds that come with plastic sticks (with holes throughout the sticks) are easiest to un-mold. Eat immediately, or place in freezer bags and return to the freezer.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
More Frozen Favorites:
Goat’s Milk Frozen Yogurt with White Tea Infused Canteloupe ~ Gourmande In The Kitchen
Blueberry Basil Martini Pops ~ Creative Culinary
Blood Orange Popsicles ~ White On Rice Couple
PAGE: 1 2