Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Christmas is only six weeks away… Time to make sparkling Vanilla Orange Candied Cranberries.
I took my dog for a walk this morning and reveled in the clean crisp air, gingerly scented with decomposing leaves and pin needles.
I don’t know what it is about that earthy aroma that makes me so happy. Like a whispering woodland fairy, it always reminds me to start planning for the holidays. No time to waste.
I always like to make Vanilla Orange Candied Cranberries in preparation for the holidays.
Candied cranberries are extremely simple to make, and impressive at any Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years table.
Like nature-made Sour Patch Kids, candied cranberries are sweet and tart.
Plus they are so pretty!
Just think of all the wonderful ways to use them:
- Place them in a candy dish to be gobbled up by the handful.
- Use as a fancy garnish for holiday pies, cakes, or savory dishes.
- Fill martini or champagne glasses with them to decorate your holiday table.
- Place them in little tins or gift bags for small edible gifts.
- One more bonus, the leftover vanilla-orange simple syrup absorbs the essence of cranberry, so save it for irresistible holiday cocktails.
Vanilla Orange Candied Cranberries are a must-make this holiday season.
Just soak the berries in vanilla orange syrup, then shake in sugar. Viola!
PAGE: 1 2