Strawberry Bruschetta Recipe
Our fresh Strawberry Bruschetta Recipe made with feta cheese, tarragon, and toasted pine nuts is an easy-to-make party snack to enjoy this berry season.
Yiiiiiiipppeeeeee! It’s Strawberry Season!!!!
Anyone else feel an overwhelming joy deep within at the site of fresh strawberries? I have been waiting all year for this moment.
I just can’t contain myself when I see those sweet blushing orbs of ecstasy under every tent at our local farmers local. I immediately want to make strawberry dessert pizza, strawberry jam, pink cocktails, fresh strawberry pies, berry crumbles, smoothies, milkshakes, strawberry shortcakes, fresh strawberry yogurt cake, and strawberry kale salad, just to name a few.
Fresh strawberries are marvelous in so many different types of recipes, in the spring and summer I like to make a simple party snack that allows these brilliant berries to shine forth in all their glory.
Strawberry Bruschetta it is!
Bruschetta is the perfect platform to allow ripe ruby berries to work their magic.
Imagine… Crusty little slivers of toast piled high with a blend of sweet strawberries, salty feta cheese, crunchy pine nuts, and fresh fragrant tarragon.
Each bite is an explosion of tangy sweetness and rich salty tidbits, making this Strawberry Bruschetta Recipe a perfect appetizer for berry season!
What’s more, this fabulous Strawberry Bruschetta Recipe requires only six ingredients and takes less than 15 minutes to make.
Other than toasting some bread and pine nuts, there is no cooking involved. Just chop, mix, and pile on the berry goodness.
We’ll be serving fresh strawberry bruschetta all season with light fragrant beverages like a Lavender Meyer Lemon Tom Collins.
It makes a lovely first course, prior to serving fish or chicken, or as a stand-alone appetizer for warm weather cocktail parties.
So celebrate strawberry season in style this year. When the berries are ripe, you can never have too many on the menu!
Strawberry Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 French baguette
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup diced feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped tarragon, or basil
- 2 ounces toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the baguette into thin pieces and lay out on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes, until golden around the edges. Then cool.
- Meanwhile, pour the pine nuts in a small dry skillet and place over medium heat. Toast for 3-5 minutes, until golden. Then remove from heat.
- Place the chopped strawberries, feta, and tarragon in a medium bowl. Add the pine nuts and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss, then salt and pepper to taste. To serve, top each piece of toast with a scoop of fresh strawberry bruschetta and enjoy!