Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole
Yield: 12+ servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 16 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shaved onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and add the milk. Whisk the eggs well to combine.
- Break the artichoke hearts up into small pieces and separate the leaves. Squeeze the spinach with paper towels to remove all excess liquid. Then add both the artichokes and the spinach to the egg mixture. Add all remaining ingredients, withholding the ricotta cheese, and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Dollop the ricotta cheese evenly over the surface of the egg casserole. (I usually add about 12 dollops of ricotta, then break them in half with a spoon and separate them a little, so there are 24 "pockets" of ricotta throughout the mixture.) Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the center of the pan is fully cooked and doesn't jiggle when you shake the pan. Serve warm!
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2