A quick and easy Andouille Blue Cheese Sliders Recipe that is perfect for spring cookouts. These savory little slider burgers will put you in the mood to grill!
It is truly never to early to start grilling. Secretly, while the rest of the world was huddling in front of their ovens all winter, I was standing in front of my grill wearing mittens. My nose may have been cold, but my meat was charred and juicy. Priorities.
Now that the weather has warmed and the rest of you are dusting off your grills, I can finally share all the wonderful grill recipes I’ve been working on.
I love to grill for several reasons. It’s healthy; the extra fat drips away from your meat. Grilling adds smoky flavor and crispy texture to your meats and veggies. And best of all, it’s quick.
This Andouille Blue Cheese Sliders Recipe may make tiny burgers, but the flavor is enormous. The beef patties are mixed with shallot, andouille sausage and crumbled blue cheese to elevate the taste and keep them moist. Sandwiched with sweet Hawaiian-style rolls, pickled okra, sprouts and a creamy mustard sauce, they make an irresistible dinner.
Slider burgers make a great mid-week meal because the patties cook so fast. Pair them with Bush’s Grillin’ Beans and you have a show-stopping dinner in less and half an hour.
Grillin’ Beans are a favorite go-to side dish at our house. Back in the day, I used to buy cans of baked beans then “doctor” them with bacon, molasses, onions and herbs. Nowadays, Bush’s does that for you! The first few times I served them, my husband asked, “What did you put in these beans?”
“Nothing.” I would tell him. “Really???”
He couldn’t believe they tasted so homemade, straight out of the can.
I’ve paired this sliders recipe with Bush’s Smokehouse Tradition Grillin’ Beans because I love the smoky sauce with the flavors of the blue cheese and andouille sausage in the slider burgers.
Andouille Blue Cheese Sliders Recipe
Yield: 16 sliders
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces andouille sausage links
- 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup course ground mustard
- 1 cup pickled okra, sliced thin
- 2 cups arugula or alfalfa sprouts
- 16 small sweet Hawaiian-style rolls
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the sausage and shallot in the food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Add the egg and pulse again. Pour the sausage mixture into a large bowl, followed by the ground beef, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix well then gently mix in the crumbled blue cheese.
- Scoop 16 - 1/4 cup portions of meat mixture onto wax paper. Press them flat with the bottom on a glass, then reform the edges so the are tight.
- Grill the patties for 2 minutes per side. Meanwhile, mix the mayo and mustard together. Slice the roll in half and spread the mustard sauce on the tops and bottoms.
- Layer the burgers with arugula leaves (or sprouts), the patties, and thinly sliced pickle okra.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans. All opinions are my own–these are killer beans folks!