Skinny Chicken Fajita Soup
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- 15 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 fajita seasoning packet
- 1/2 cup brown rice, optional
- Possible Garnishes: Reduced Fat Cheese, Scallions, Avocado
- Place a large sauce 6-8 quart pot over medium heat. Add the oil, chopped bell peppers, onions, and garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Add whole chicken breasts, black beans, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, 1 fajita seasoning packet, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. If adding rice, stir it in with an additional 2 cups of water. Bring the soup to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use tongs to remove the cooked chicken breasts. Allow the soup to continue simmering to fully cook the rice, another 10-15 minutes. Allow the chicken to cool for a few minutes, then shred with two forks.
- Once the rice is tender, add the shredded chicken back to the soup. Taste, and salt and pepper as needed.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2