A fabulous alternative Thanksgiving recipe, when you don’t need to feed an army. This easy Turkey Breast with Tomato Gravy, is just the dish to serve a small crowd this holiday season!
Everyone has their own opinion on what the perfect Thanksgiving feast should look like.
Whether you instantly think of a 25 pound turkey, a spiral ham, traditional side dishes, or Thanksgiving dishes with a twist, I’m sure there are dishes you make every year because they are special to your family.
We always have a turkey on Thanksgiving, then go off the beaten path with the side dishes. We serve sweet potatoes, stuffing, a green vegetable, pies, cranberry sauce, gravy and rolls, but the method of preparation is usually a surprise to my family.
It’s a way for me to add an element of whimsy to our meal… Actually, that’s something I like to do at any event.
I enjoy keeping my guests on their toes when dinner is served. The unique ingredients or cooking methods are always a welcomed surprise that everyone looks forward to.
Some years we have big Thanksgivings with family and friends, and some years it’s just us four. Either way, I try to make each dish look and taste special.
One thing I’ve done on years we have a smaller crowd is to prepared roasted turkey breast, instead of a whole turkey. This also is a great solution for families who only like the white meat of the turkey.
Roasted Turkey Breast with Tomato Gravy… It’s so easy guys.
I cut the turkey breast apart, dry them, then rub them down with dijon mustard. Then I sprinkle each turkey breast with good quality sea salt and cracked pepper.
This year, I used Wildfire® Smoked Sea Salt & Herbs that I found on SaltWorks®.
The smokey depth added to the turkey skin and meat, from the sea salt, was a welcomed change.
I also added the smoked sea salt to the tomato gravy I made to accompany the turkey breast recipe.
If you’ve never tried tomato gravy before, you need to.
You really need to.
The little hint of tomato flavor, along with the smokey essence of the sea salt, and a kick from hot smoked paprika, really made the gravy something to experience.
It was the perfect gravy to top this juicy roasted turkey breast for a traditional and unique main course.
Roasted Turkey Breast with Tomato Gravy is a winner.
I’m always on the look out for high quality sea salts, because I feel superior salt and pepper are always the most important layer of seasoning in any dish.
I’ve found the mother-load at SaltWorks®!
Saltworks has all sorts of culinary salts for you to experiment with, including the one I used today, Wildfire®Smoked Sea Salt & Herbs.
Their salts are all-natural, unprocessed, and full of flavor. This means they not only taste better than plain old table salt, they are better for you, and are higher potency so you can use less in each meal.
If you feel the same way I do about salt, you are in luck!
Saltworks is offering this “Ultimate Salt Lovers Gift Pack” as a giveaway today.
- Artisan® Bamboo Salt Sampler: The definitive gourmet salt collection. Includes 24 mini glass jars displayed in a bamboo presentation box.
- Smokehouse Collection: A Trio of SaltWorks’ most distinctive smoked varieties — Bonfire®, Wildfire®, Hellfire®
- Savor the Season Fusion® Trio: Three of our favorite Fusion® All Natural Flavored Sea Salt varieties — Spanish Rosemary, Roasted Garlic, Wild Porcini
- Himalayan Pink Salt Slab (5″x10″): Himalayan Salt Slabs are nature’s cooktop and serving platter in one, ideal for many culinary adventures.
- Pacific Blue® Kosher Flake Sea Salt: An all-natural Kosher flake sea salt, harvested from the clean waters of the Pacific Ocean. It delivers all of the beneficial nutrients of sea salt while retaining the treasured Kosher flake texture.
- Ancient Ocean® Himalayan Pink Salt: Harvested from ancient sea salt deposits within the pristine Himalayan Mountains, and considered by some to be the purest salt on earth.
To Enter: Follow the prompts in the automated entry form below. For US residents only.
PAGE: 1 2