Why do Diner Pancakes taste better than those floppy disks you make at home? You KNOW you’ve secretly wondered this at some point in your life.
Perfect Diner Pancakes
Yield: 8-10 pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 3 Tb. melted butter
1. Heat the griddle (or non-stick skillet) to medium-high.
2. In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla until frothy.
4. Add the milk mixture to the dry mix and whisk until smooth. Finally, whisk in the melted butter. Allow the pancake batter to rest for 3-5 minutes to thicken.
5. Start by making one pancake as a test-batch to ensure your heat in accurate.
6. Use a 1/4 -1/3 cup scoop to ladle the batter onto a buttered griddle. Cook for 1-3 minutes per side. Flip when small bubbles rise to the top of the batter.
Tip: If your batter thickens too much, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to thin it just enough to pour.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!