One-Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 - 45 minutes
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups frozen english peas
- 8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, optional
- Place the butter in the large oven safe saute pan and set over medium heat. Add the chopped onions, celery, and carrots. Saute for 5-8 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile chop the chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces. Once the veggies are softened, add the chicken, salt and thyme. Saute another 5 minutes to cook the chicken pieces partially through.
- Add the broth and pasta. Stir to soak the pasta. Cover the pan and simmer for 6-7 minutes to cook the pasta through. Then remove the lid and stir in the frozen peas, shredded cheese, and cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or bake!
- This step is entirely optional: Preheat the oven to to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top of the pasta. Bake for 15-20 minutes to develop a crusty top. You can transfer the pasta to a separate baking dish if you don't have an oven-safe saute pan.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2