How To Make The Best Potato Salad Recipe
Yield: 16+ servings
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
How To Make The Best Potato Salad Recipe. My mom’s potato salad recipe is hands-down the best potato salad I, or anyone else who’s tried it, has ever eaten!
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold or Klondike Goldust potatoes
- 2 cups mayonnaise (your favorite brand)
- 1 cup refrigerated sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (or 1 part yellow + 1 part dijon)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4-5 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place them in a large stock pot. Fill the pot with cold water until it is 1 inch over the top of the potatoes. Set the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add 1 tablespoon salt and cook the potatoes for 13-15 minutes, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix the mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish including juices, mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Stir until smooth. Then chop the eggs, celery, onions, and dill.
- Once the potatoes are very tender, drain off all the water. Remove the loose peels and chop the potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks. It’s ok if they are soft and crumbly. Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Gently mix in the dressing until it coats the potatoes well. Then stir in the eggs, celery, onions, and dill. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with fresh dill and paprika.
- Cover the potato salad and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. If you have time to make it ahead, it tastes even better on day two! Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to one week.
NOTES: 1) If you can’t find golden potatoes, use russets. 2) For best flavor, make your potato salad a day ahead.
Yield: 16+ servings, Serving Size: 16
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 250 Calories
- Total Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Sodium: 448mg
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Protein: 3.9g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2