Crab Mac and Cheese Recipe
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:40 minutes
Classic Gnocchi Gratin with Gruyere, Havarti and Crab Meat.
- 2 pounds packaged gnocchi
- 1 pound cooked crab meat
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups half and half
- 8 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 8 ounces shredded havarti cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat. Bring to a boil, and cooked the gnocchi according to the package instructions.
- Drain the gnocchi and place in a 9X13 inch baking dish. Add the crab meat and mix.
- In a large sauce pot (could be the same used for pasta) melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour followed by the garlic and lemon zest. Cook for another minute, then add the half and half and whisk until smooth.
- Once the mixture is warm, add the cheeses. Stir to blend, then add the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Once smooth, taste for salt (add more if needed) and pour the cheese mixture over the crab and gnocchi. Mix and smooth in the baking dish.
- Then melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and toss with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs, and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the edges are bubbly and the top is golden.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2
Asian Spiced Thanksgiving Turkey – How to Cook a Turkey in the Oven Next Post
Real Sweet Potato Souffles