Low Carb Market Chicken Skillet
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 3 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 pint fresh grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large deep nonstick or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. *The oil is only necessary if your skillet is not nonstick.
- Sear the fennel and bell pepper until char market form on the sides and the fennel softens. Remove and set aside.
- Next sear the zucchini until just browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside. Toss the chicken pieces with dried Italian Seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the remaining oil to the skillet and sear the chicken, stirring to brown for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic, chopped kale and tomatoes. Sear another 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add all the cooked veggies back to the skillet, followed by corn kernels, golden balsamic vinegar, honey, and 1/4 - 1/2 cups water. Toss and warm. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2