Italian Chicken Orzo Soup
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Fresh and zesty Italian Chicken Orzo Soup recipe, loaded with herbs, chicken, and veggies. This simple Italian Chicken Soup Recipe is healthy and delicious!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian Seasoning
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried orzo pasta (Could use whole grain or gluten free pasta.)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Place the butter, onions, and garlic in a large sauce pot, and set over medium heat. Saute the onions for 3 minutes to soften. Then stir in the carrots, celery, Italian Seasoning, and 1 teaspoon salt. Saute another 3-5 minutes.
- Add whole chicken breasts to the pot. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set on a cutting board. Add the orzo to the soup and stir well so it doesn’t stick. Chop or shred the chicken into bite-size pieces, then return to the pot.
- When ready to serve, taste, then season with salt and pepper as needed. Stir in the fresh basil leaves and parmesan cheese. Ladle into bowls and serve warm!
Yield: 6-8 servings, Serving Size: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 398 Calories
- Total Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Sodium: 1483mg
- Carbohydrates: 30.6g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Protein: 37.8g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2