Honey Cinnamon Cornbread Muffins
Yield: 14-16 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup plain yellow cornmeal (not cornmeal mix)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup buttermilk (low fat or full fat)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Grease your muffin pans, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Then whisk in the eggs, honey, and buttermilk. Mix the melted butter in last and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Use a 1/3 cup scoop to ladle the batter into the muffin pans, filling only 2/3 full. Bake the cornbread muffins for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cornbread muffins to cool for 2-3 minutes, then flip them out of the muffin pans.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
More Cornbread Recipes
Southern Skillet Cornbread – Simply Recipes
Jalapeno Cornbread – Spicy Southern Kitchen
PAGE: 1 2