Frozen Strawberry Margarita
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe – This blushing frozen margarita is the perfect beverage for summer. It’s a surprising margarita with a hint of mint!
Is there anything better than a fresh fruity cocktail on a sweltering summer day?
I think not.
Something about sipping a berry beverage to cool off always puts a smile on my face. And if a few friends have one with me? Even better!
Today’s Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe is so simple to make and so light and aromatic, it’s hard to stop with just one.
Berry Margarita Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this light refreshing beverage…
- Fresh Strawberries – Adds a perky, fresh, and naturally sweet flavor
- Tequila – The base alcohol in any margarita recipe
- Fresh Lime Juice – To pull the tequila flavor to the forefront
- Strawberry Jam – This adds a stronger strawberry flavor and thickness to the margarita
- Triple Sec – A touch of orange flavor to cut through the “bite” of the lime and tequila
- Mint Leaves – Adds tons of fresh herby essence
- Ice – To make this the frozen delicious drink that it is
- Optional Garnish: marg salt, lime slices, extra strawberries
Quick Mixology Tips
- The base of this beverage includes fresh hulled strawberries, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. However, I like to add two surprise ingredients to intensify the flavor… Fresh mint leaves and chunky strawberry jam.
- The addition of strawberry jam sweetens the Fresh Strawberry Cocktail Recipe, and provides a double-blast of strawberry flavor, making the fresh strawberries really shine.
- Adding the mint leaves, give the strawberry essence a little unexpected pop of freshness and contrast.
- Then, of course, the tequila, triple sec, and lime juice offer that traditional margarita appeal we all know and love. Add a salty rim and you’ve got a fabulous cocktail to share with friends!
Our Easy Strawberry Margarita Recipe is just the thing to serve your guests this summer. Keep a tall bag of ice in the freezer so you can blend batch after batch!
How to Make A Strawberry Margarita Cocktail
- Start off with a large blender. Add the fresh strawberries, triple sec, tequila, strawberry jam, lime juice, mint leaves, and ice. Make sure the top is on tight.
- Puree all the ingredients until the contents come out smooth.
- Time to serve! You can garnish this drink as well…
- Salt the rim by taking a small bowl or plate and pour some salt in it. If you make margaritas all the time, there is even a product specifically made for margarita salt – Go check it out! Wet the rim of the glass in extra strawberry jam and then dip the rim in the salt so it will stick.
- Pour in the frozen margarita mix.
- Cut a slit in a lime wedge and a strawberry to add to the top of the glass along the rim.
- Enjoy your frozen margarita!
Get The Full (Printable) Recipe Below For How To Make Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Much Alcohol is in This Beverage?
Typically, frozen margaritas have a little more alcohol in them because of the ice blended in. There is about a 10 percent alcohol content because the ice will dilute it as it melts.
What is the Difference Between a Strawberry Daiquiri and a Strawberry Marg?
Both of these beverages can be served either on the rocks, or blended with ice. Although to me, they are best “frozen” blended with ice. The main difference between these two cocktails is that daiquiris are usually made with rum while margaritas are usually made with tequila, and sometimes even with beer. So the difference is the type of alcohol, and not so much the way that it is served or made.
What kind of tequila should I use to prevent a hangover?
There isn’t really a scientific answer to this question. Yet rumor states, the kind of tequila that is less likely to give you a hangover is a pure, 100 percent agave tequila. AKA blanco tequila.
Of course, you can still get a hangover with tequila blanco based on how much you drink and the way your body breaks down the alcohol, especially when sugar is added to the mix. So know your limits and drink responsibly!
Looking for More Refreshing Summer Beverages?
- Best Classic Margarita Recipe
- Spicy Pineapple Habanero Margarita Recipe
- Frozen Coconut Mojitos Recipe
- Drunken Monkey Cocktails Recipe
- Goombay Smash Cocktails Recipe
- Bahamian Blaster Party Punch Recipe
Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, trimmed
- 1 cup tequila
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 10 mint leaves
- 3-4 cups ice
- Optional Garnish: margarita salt, lime slices, extra strawberries
- Set out a large blender. To the jar, add the fresh trimmed strawberries, tequila, lime juice, strawberry jam, triple sec, mint leaves, and ice.
- Puree until smooth.
- To garnish: Use a pastry brush to paint extra strawberry jam around the edge of 4 glasses. Dip the rims in margarita salt.
- Pour in the frozen margaritas. Top with a fresh lime slice and strawberry.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Yummy, I love this drink. Actually i like very much strawberry and whenever the season comes i love to drink shake of it but you told me another recipe which is great, i really would like to try this at home for sure.
Great recipe! My favorite I know I has to make as soon as I saw your recipe!
So frosty, cool, and delish. Definitely making again.
I would’ve never thought to add jam…it’s such a great idea! This was so refreshing and the perfect way to end the night.
Love the idea of adding jam! This sound so refreshing!!
I always enjoy a pretty cocktail on a summer day. This drink sure fits the bill. Beautiful!
So fresh and so cooling – love it.
How beautiful for summer!!
The lime and strawberry combo sounds great for summer!