Back to school is just around the corner and I’ve got a fabulous kid-friendly breakfast to share with you today, Cinnamon Pancakes with a warm Peach Syrup Recipe. This is such an easy dish, you can make it for your babies in a hurry, or they can make it for you!
I love it when my kids take over the kitchen. It’s so gratifying to watch them make decisions about the best way to tackle a recipe, or to hear them repeat methods they’ve heard me say again and again.
Teary-eyed mommy moment.
Over the last couple years, they’ve become expert breakfast makers.
In fact, I almost don’t need to get up in the mornings, because I know they can handle the morning meal on their own.
Omelets and pancakes are their specialties.
They get really excited when it’s time to flip either. Fortunately, I have the absolute hands-down BEST non-stick cookware on the face of the earth, so flipping is a piece of cake!
Swiss Diamond Cookware makes the safest and best non-stick cookware I have ever used… and I have used a LOT of cookware, guys. Pancakes and omelets slip right out of the skillets without ever having to add butter or oil. (Unless you want it for flavor!)
And making something sticky, like this peach syrup recipe, is no problem because it simply cannot stick to the sides of the pan.
Easiest clean up ever.
These kid-friendly cinnamon pancakes are a new family favorite that the kids love to make on their own.
The cinnamon pancakes are rich and bursting with flavor, due to the addition of fresh cream and a generous dose of cinnamon. They pair perfectly with my lightly spiced fresh peach syrup recipe, that takes only minutes to make.
Everyone loves cinnamon pancakes with peaches, especially Carson.
If you don’t have kids to make breakfast for you, don’t worry.
These little beauties are so quick and easy, you can make them in minutes, then climb right back in bed with a tall stack of cinnamon-y peachy goodness!
Want to try Swiss Diamond Cookware for yourself?
I’ve got a fabulous Swiss Diamond Cookware Giveaway today, including a 12.5 inch non-stick skillet with lid, and a 3.8 quart non-stick saute pan… just like I used in this post.
TO ENTER: Follow the prompts in the automated enter form below. For US residents only.
Cinnamon Pancakes + Peach Syrup Recipe
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the Cinnamon Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
For the Peach Syrup Recipe:
- 2 lbs. peaches (5-6)
- 2 Tb. butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- For the peach syrup recipe: Cut the peaches in half. Remove the pit, and cut each half into six wedges. Place a 3.8 quart Swiss Diamond saute pan over medium heat. Add the butter, followed by the peaches, spices and salt. Saute and gently stir the peaches for 5 minutes. Then pour in the maple syrup. Once the syrup comes to a simmer, stir and turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, Mix the dry ingredients for the cinnamon pancakes in a large bowl. Whisk in the milk, cream and egg until smooth.
- Heat a large 12.5 inch Swiss Diamond Non-Stick Fry Pan over medium-low. Once hot, use a 1/4 cup scoop to ladle the pancake batter onto the skillet, three pancakes at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the edges bubble and look a little dry, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove and repeat with remaining batter. (Makes 10-12 pancakes.)
- To serve: Stack the pancakes on plates, and ladle the warm peach syrup over the top.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Swiss Diamond Cookware. All opinions are my own.