Fun and fabulous Chocolate Parfaits that are perfect to take on picnics or to birthday parties at the beach! These Brownie in a Jar treats are loaded with layers of Chocolate Malt goodness and heavenly cream, then neatly packaged for wherever you may roam.
Chocolate Malt Brownie Parfait in a Jar. If picnic baskets could smile… these little beauties would have them beaming with delight!
In springtime we all feel the need to get outside. We head to the park, the beach, the mountain trail, and we pack food to take along …often boring food.
This season, let’s boycott boring picnic baskets and load a little excitement in our coolers. These individually wrapped Chocolate Parfaits are tons of fun and oh so delicious. They’re great for a take-along birthday party, a romantic dinner in the park, even a surprise treat for your coworkers.
As if a brownie in a jar wouldn’t make just about anyone happy, these Chocolate Malt Brownie Parfait in a Jar are topped with ridiculous amounts of chocolate malt flavor in both the chocolate malt pudding and chocolate malt whipped cream. Then just for kicks, the chocolate parfaits are adorned with a hefty dollop of fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Seriously. You will smile. Big time. And so will your friends and family.
Speaking of smiles, these Chocolate Malt Brownie Parfait in a Jar are extremely easy to make. Using packaged brownie mix and pudding mix, the only thing you’ll be making from scratch is whipped cream. You could substitute cool whip to make them even easier, but let’s face it, there’s no real substitute for fresh whipped cream.
Make sure to fasten a paper napkins and disposable spoon to each jar for convenience. Then pack your chocolate parfaits in a cooler when you leave the house. Have Fun!!
Chocolate Malt Brownie in a Jar
Yield: 12 jars
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
For the Brownie:
- 17.6 ounces package brownie mix
- 1-2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
For the Chocolate Malt Pudding:
- 3.4 ounce package instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
For the Chocolate Malt Cream:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 chocolate bar
- vegetable peeler
- 12 half-pint mason jars
- 12 cocktail-size paper napkins
- 12 disposable spoons
- ribbon or twine
- For the Brownies: Preheat the oven and mix the brownie batter as directed on the package. Use 1-2 eggs to determine a cake-like or fudgy consistency.
- Spray the inside of the jars with non-stick spray or brush with oil. Measure 1/4 cup batter into each jar. Place all jars on a baking sheet and bake according to package directions, minus 5 minutes. (Usually 30-35 mins.) Test with a toothpick--if it comes out clean, they're done.
- For the Chocolate Malt Pudding: Mix the pudding according to package directions incorporating 1/2 cup malted milk powder. Refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the Chocolate Malt Cream: Whip 1 1/2 cups heavy cream with 1/4 cup malted milk powder, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 Tb. cocoa powder. Whip to a firm consistency then cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Whipped Cream: Whip the remaining heavy cream with 1/3 cup powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble: Allow the brownies to cool completely before adding the layers. Neatly add a little less than 1/4 cup scoop of pudding (3 tablespoons) to each jar. Followed by the same amount of chocolate malt cream. Top each jar with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings. (Use a veggie peeler to shave the chocolate bar.)
- Place the seal over each jar followed by a paper cocktail napkins. Then twist the ring on--you may need to tap it down due to the napkin. Use ribbon or twine to attach a spoon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
More Chocolate Treats:
Mini Nutella Tarts ~ Bakers Royale
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake ~ Call Me Cupcake
S’mores Cupcakes ~ Bakingdom
Cadbury Egg Cupcakes ~ My Baking Addiction