Amazing soft decadent Cookie Bars layered with chocolate potato chips, fudge topping and tons of crispy potato chips on the inside! You are going to love these…
Every once in a while I have a brilliant idea… at least I think it’s brilliant.
And this, my friends, is one of those rare moments.
When I was a little girl, my mom used to make potato chip cookies. She only made them on special occasions, but they were my absolute favorite. In fact, her recipe means so much to me, I shared it in the very first post I ever wrote.
Lately I’ve been seeing chocolate potato chips all over the web.
Every time they pop up, it reminds of mom. She was way ahead of her time with her salty-sweet cookies.
And every time I see chocolate potato chips, my wheels start spinning on how to reinvent mom’s recipe so we can enjoy even more salty-sweet potato chip goodness here on ASP.
So today is the day…
I’m sharing soft buttery cookie bars inspired by mom’s potato chip cookies and chocolate potato chips.
These babies are sooooooooooo ridiculously delicious, and so easy to make.
Almost too easy to make.
Start by mixing the potato chip dough for the cookie bars, and pressing it into a pan.
After the bars bake to golden perfection, pour a simple chocolate fudge topping over the top.
Then sprinkle even more crumbled potato chips over the fudge and cool.
Cut. Devour. Groan with satisfaction.
The soft buttery cookie bars and rich fudge layer make the crispiness of the potato chips standout for serious wow-factor.
Chocolate Potato Chips Cookie Bars are just the sort of treat you might take on spring picnics, send to a friend who needs a little pick-me-up, or even take to work to bribe your coworkers.
I promise, they will do just about anything to get their hands on one of these. A platter full of cookie bars means: your wish is their command.
Use them wisely.
Chocolate Potato Chips Cookie Bars
Yield: 16-20 bars
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
For the Cookie Bars:
- 3 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tb. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips
For the Topping:
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tb. butter
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9X13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla. Beat to combine. Then slowly add the flour mixture until just combined. Scrape the bowl again, and stir in the crumbled potato chips.
- Dump the dough into the baking dish and press flat with your hands. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden on top. Then cool completely before preparing the topping.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until the mixture is completely smooth. (Should take no more than 2 minutes total.) Pour the fudge topping over the cookie bars and smooth with a spatula. Then sprinkle the top with the remaining crumbled potato chips.
- Place in the fridge just long enough for the fudge topping to harden, then lift the whole sheet of bars out of the pan by the edges of the parchment paper and cut.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!