We’re serving up perky and sweet Raspberry Sticky Buns for breakfast! These warm fruity sticky buns will make any day feel special.
Happy Friday! How was your week?
I bet you could use a good cup of coffee and a sweet raspberry sticky bun right now.
…that’s what I thought.
Life is challenging.
It’s the little things, like a 75 degree day, a smile from a stranger, or a special breakfast treat, that lifts our spirits on a hard day.
In fact, I’m pretty sure it was sticky buns that helped me get through puberty and college.
And last week.
These Raspberry Sticky Buns are so gooey, with sweet raspberries oozing out, they could bring a smile to anyone’s face.
The bottoms are saturated with blushing juices, so you could flip them over and serve them up-side-down, like traditional sticky buns. Yet I like to serve them right-side-up with creamy lemon glaze to give them an extra boost of flavor.
Start with frozen bread dough, to cut out the step of making dough from scratch.
Then once the dough has had time to rise, roll it out, slather it with a mixture of mascarpone cheese and lemon zest, and then sprinkle it with frozen raspberries mixed with sugar and cornstarch.
Roll the dough into a log, and cut into 15 pieces.
Once the raspberry sticky buns come out of the oven, drizzle them in sweet lemon glaze.
Raspberry Sticky Buns go perfectly with a light roast coffee.
We love to buy Starbucks Coffee in K-Cups for our Keurig® Special Edition Brewing System. Both Dan and I would rather have 1-2 good cups of coffee a day, than a whole pot of mediocre coffee.
Starbucks Blonde Roast Coffees are fabulous for spring because of their bright clean flavor. Both the new Starbucks® Aria Blend K-Cup® Packs and Starbucks® Bright Sky Blend K-Cup® Packs complement light fruity dishes.
I served my sticky buns with Starbucks® Aria Blend K-Cup® Packs because they have a light citrusy quality that paired perfectly with the zingy raspberries and lemon zest. Plus it’s so smooth, I feel less inclined to load it up with cream.
Well… I do really like cream.
Raspberry Sticky Buns are a great make-ahead item, you can prepare them in the evening, place in the fridge, then bake them off in the morning.
Just in time to serve with your blonde roast coffee!
Raspberry Sticky Buns
Prep Time:20 minutes (active time)
Cook Time:35 minutes
- 2 loaves frozen white bread dough, thawed (or homemade bread dough)
- 10 ounce bag frozen raspberries, not thawed
- 8 ounce cream cheese or mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- Zest of 2 lemons, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Place the frozen loaves in the fridge and let them thaw over night. In the morning, set them on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and let them rise for 2-3 hours. When ready to start, press the loaves together (if not already fused together) and roll the dough out on a well-floured work surface, into a 12 X 24 inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, zest of one lemon, 3 Tb. sugar, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together the frozen raspberries, remaining 3 Tb. sugar, cornstarch, and pinch of salt.
- Smear the cream cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a 1 inch border on the long ends. Then sprinkle the raspberry mixture over the top. Starting on one long end, roll the dough into a log. Then use a serrated knife to cut the log into 15 equal rolls. Place the rolls in a parchment paper lined 9 X 13 inch baking dish and allow them to rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the tops are golden. Allow the rolls to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then lift them out by the edges of the parchment paper. Whisk together the powdered sugar, remaining lemon zest, and heavy cream. Drizzle or brush the glaze over the tops of the sticky buns, and serve with a fresh cup of Starbucks Aria Blend Coffee!
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Love our recipes? Why not subscribe via email, so you never miss one!
We respect your email box and privacy. Only one email is sent per week, and we never share/sell our email list. Join us below, to get a weekly recipe update + a free downloadable ebook with our top 25 most popular recipes!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Starbucks Coffee Company. All opinions are my own.