How to Cook Bacon in the Oven

Love bacon but hate the splatter? Why not try making oven bacon… You know, bacon that is baked in the oven!

Easy Oven Bacon - How to cook #bacon in the oven!

Bacon is nearly my favorite thing in the whole wide world. On a scale of importance, it pretty much goes God, Family, then Bacon.

Therefore, this girl knows her bacon and how to cook it to perfection.

I’ve got a quick trick to share with you today, I like to call oven bacon.

Five Minute Fix

This isn’t quite a Five Minute Fix recipe, because it does take longer than that in the oven. But it doesn’t take but a minute to get it in the oven, so that should count for something.

Easy Oven Bacon - How to cook #bacon in the oven!

Instead of cleaning up skillets and splatter all over the counter and stovetop, or worrying about grease burns, why not put your bacon in the oven?

Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil, lay the bacon out, and bake. That’s it. You don’t even need to flip it.

In about 20 minutes you’ll have crisp, yet tender, flavorful bacon, with the drippings neatly contained in foil.

This is the absolute best way to make a large amount of bacon without a large mess!

Oven Bacon

• bacon strips

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Then wrap a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
  2. Lay the bacon on the sheet in a single layer.
  3. Bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on thickness, until red and crisp, but not brown.

More Bacony Recipes

Hungarian Cabbage and Noodles

Bacon Wrapped Veggie Bundles

Triple Pork Fried Rice

Buffalo Chicken Bites

11 Responses to “How to Cook Bacon in the Oven”

Cassie — March 18, 2014 @ 6:51 am

This is the only way I cook bacon. I love the minimal mess and super easy cleanup, and also that the bacon can get crispy!

Tieghan — March 18, 2014 @ 6:57 am

I love doing bacon in the oven. It is so much easier and a lot cleaner! Great tips!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — March 18, 2014 @ 9:00 am

This is my favorite way to cook bacon! (Um it’s really the only way I can cook it without burning it haha)

Erika W — March 18, 2014 @ 1:05 pm

My mom had a recipe for bacon that you cooked in the oven, but you but brown sugar on it and baked on a broiler pan. YUM.

Jackie {The Beeroness} — March 18, 2014 @ 1:27 pm

Oven bacon is my favorite way to make it. Cooks evenly and gets the right amount of crispy.

Lauren — March 18, 2014 @ 2:57 pm

This is my very favorite way to cook bacon! It makes such a big difference!

Meagan — March 23, 2014 @ 9:48 am

We have been cooking it in the oven ever since we discovered this easy method! Two tips I can give is to make sure you start with a cold pan as this helps to keep the bacon flat and, use a broiler pan so that some of the drippings fall away from the bacon (healthy Bacon! – yeah right…)

Christine from Cook the Story — March 27, 2014 @ 8:05 am

This is my one and only way to make bacon since learning the technique in culinary school. FABULOUS!

Cait — March 27, 2014 @ 10:24 am

It was a perfect way to cook thick cut bacon; took about 20 minutes because of the thickness, as you had pointed out. But cooking thick cut bacon on a griddle usually comes out with some parts overdone and some parts too crispy. This was perfectly, evenly done. Thanks for sharing!

Js Richardson — June 1, 2014 @ 12:06 pm

I put racks in my pan so the bacon isn’t sitting in the grease. I don’t like flub very bacon, so I cook mine until it is crisp. You can also cook sausage links in the same manner.

Kate S — June 1, 2014 @ 1:34 pm

i also use racks, but i spray w/pam so they are easier to clean.