Strawberry Beet Salad
There are just too many good things going on in this salad to give it a proper title, so I’ll have to tell you what’s happening right here. This roasted beet salad is nested on a bed of shaved brussels sprouts and topped with fresh sweet strawberries, then kissed with a tangy-sweet balsamic vinaigrette made with pomegranate juice! It’s seriously good, and seriously RED.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Or if you’re single this year… BOOOO to Valentine’s Day! *wink*
I’ve spent the last two weeks posting all sorts of sweet goodies for you to share with your Valentine(s).
So today I thought I’d focus in on something quick and healthy you can make tonight whether you are cooking for your love muffin or for yourself.
This beet salad couldn’t be easier, or more appealing. I shaved raw brussels sprouts into a thin crunchy base, then piled it with sweet roasted red beets and fresh sliced strawberries.
Who knew raw brussels sprouts could be so tasty in a salad!?
Then I whisked up a rich and tangy balsamic vinaigrette made with pomegranate juice, for a little red, on red, on red action.
The pomegranate juice does wonders for this balsamic vinaigrette, giving it a little pop of fruity essence!
You can plate the beet salad in individual bowls drizzled with pom balsamic vinaigrette, for a touch of fancy…
Or go family style, mixing it all in the bowl of shaved brussels sprouts, tossing it with the balsamic vinaigrette.
Sending big Valentine Hugs your way!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Strawberry Beet Salad - Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch red beets (3-4 beets)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, halved and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tb. olive oil, divided
- 3 Tb. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tb. lime juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel the beets and slice thin. Then lay them out on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Salt and pepper liberally. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, slice the strawberries and brussels sprouts and set aside. Whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, pomegranate juice, cumin, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Once the beets are roasted, mix all the beet salad components in a large bowl, or plate in individual portions. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and serve.
More Valentine Salads
Grilled Apricot and Gorgonzola Salad – Yummy Mummy
Tomato Peach Burrata Salad – Two Peas & Their Pod
Get a FREE GIFT when you SUBSCRIBE to receive new posts by email:
18 Responses to “Strawberry Beet Salad”
Pingback: The Produce Mom® – 50 Salad Recipes