Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pasta + Giveaway
If you like Spinach and Artichoke Dip, you are going to love today’s Spinach Artichoke Pasta! All the goodness of a rich creamy dip nestled together with whole wheat rigatoni in a zesty cream sauce.
You know what?
I love putting two awesome dishes together to make something even
awesomer more awesome.
After being buried in snow last week, I’m craving cozy comfort foods.
So today’s power-couple is Spinach and Artichoke Dip + Rigatoni.
AKA Spinach Artichoke Pasta!
I didn’t actually make spinach and artichoke dip and dump pasta in it… although that would be wonderful.
I made a creamy garlic and cheese sauce, based on the flavors in spinach and artichoke dip, then folded in spinach, zippy DeLallo Artichoke Bruschetta, and DeLallo Organic Whole Grain Rigatoni.
The cream sauce starts out much thinner than spinach and artichoke dip, giving it the ability to thoroughly coat the pasta, inside and out.
I chose to use DeLallo Artichoke Bruschetta, instead of plain canned artichokes, because it is rich and zesty with peppers, capers and spices.
And you already know how I feel about DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Pasta. There is no comparison! If I’m not making pasta from scratch, I always go with DeLallo.
It has such an amazing texture and heartiness, the pasta truly stands up to the pasta sauce.
Spinach Artichoke Pasta will tame your craving for comfort food, whilst filling your tummy with good things, like whole wheat pasta, spinach, and of course, artichokes.
And guess what…
DeLallo is offering a marvelous giveaway today, so you can make all the Spinach Artichoke Pasta you can handle!
This Prize Package Includes: a Multi Cooker Pasta Pot, a Gorgeous Apron, and $150 of delicious DeLallo Goodies (with plenty of Organic Whole Wheat Pasta!)
TO ENTER: Follow the prompts in the automated entry form below. For US residents only.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- 1 Lb. DeLallo Organic Whole Grain Rigatoni
- 1 Tb. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 10 oz. DeLallo Artichoke Bruschetta
- 10 oz. chopped frozen spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 - 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook the rigatoni according to package instructions. Drain and set aside, reserving 1 cup of salty pasta water.
- Meanwhile, set a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, onions, and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add the milk and bring to a boil. Once the milk is scalded add the cream cheese and break it up with a wooden spoon. Whisk the cream cheese until smooth, then add the artichoke bruschetta, spinach, and crushed red pepper. Stir well.
- Now mix in the pasta. Add 1/2 - 1 cup salty pasta water and stir well. Simmer another 2-3 minutes while the sauce thickens, then salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
NOTE: You could substitute canned artichokes for the bruschetta, but the artichoke bruschetta offers a lot more flavor.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DeLallo Foods. All opinions are my own.
Get a FREE GIFT when you SUBSCRIBE to receive new posts by email:
337 Responses to “Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pasta + Giveaway”
Pingback: 17 Recipes to Satisfy Your Pasta Cravings | Everyfoodrecipes, cooking tips, and how-to food videos—all rated and reviewed by millions of home cooks,make the perfect birthday cake, or plan your next holiday dinner.
Pingback: 17 recipes to satisfy your pasta cravings – The Times | Everyfoodrecipes, cooking tips, and how-to food videos—all rated and reviewed by millions of home cooks,make the perfect birthday cake, or plan your next holiday dinner.