celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Paleo Pancakes

Sweet soft Paleo Pancakes, made with only 3 healthy ingredients! A cozy breakfast for those on a grain-free and/or dairy-free diet.

Paleo Pancakes - Easy 3-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

Nothing says breakfast like pancakes.

Anyone who is required to eat a grain-free and/or dairy-free diet, can tell you it’s the breakfast item they miss most of all.

We did a whole foods cleanse in January, and it took all my willpower to stay away from some of my favorite breakfast dishes.

We had to come up with something to take the place of my classic pancake recipe. And fast!

How to Make Paleo Pancakes - Easy 3-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

Along with some of the other #paleo recipes you saw here last month, like White Chicken Chili and Cauliflower Fried Rice, Paleo Pancakes were a staple in our house all month.

Paleo pancakes offer all the comfort of, well… regular pancakes, without any processed ingredients, sweeteners, grains or dairy.

Simple Paleo Pancakes - Easy 3-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

Using just ripe bananas, eggs, and coconut flour (and a pinch or two of salt) you can whip up tender and fluffy paleo pancakes with a little tropical flair.

Simply give these three wonder ingredients a quick whirrrr in the blender and start frying away.

Making Paleo Pancakes - Easy 3-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

The bananas add so much sweetness, you don’t even need syrup.

We served paleo pancakes all January with a sprinkle of fresh blueberries on top.

Perfect Paleo Pancakes - Easy 3-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

However…

They taste awfully good slathered in warm Raspberry Maple Syrup! (Also Paleo.)

Easy Paleo Pancakes - Easy 4-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

Paleo Pancakes

Yield: 16 pancakes

Prep Time:5 minutes

Cook Time:15 minutes

• 3 large ripe bananas
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • Coconut oil for frying

1. Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. (You could preheat more than one skillet to speed up the cooking process.) Place the bananas, eggs, coconut flour and 2 pinches of salt in the blender. Puree until smooth. The batter should be thick, but pourable. If it seems thin, add 1-2 more tablespoons of coconut flour.
  2. Brush the skillet lightly with coconut oil. Pour in a 3 inch circle of batter. Shake the skillet gently to spread the batter into a 4 inch circle. Cook for 2-4 minutes until the bottom of the pancake is golden-brown and the edges are firm. Flip gently with a flexible spatula, and continue cooking another 2-4 minutes. If the bottoms turn dark, lower the heat a little.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

Love our recipes? Why not subscribe via email, so you never miss one!

We respect your email box and privacy. Only one email is sent per week, and we never share/sell our email list. Join us below, to get a weekly recipe update + a free downloadable ebook with our top 25 most popular recipes!

You May Also Like...

70 Responses to “Paleo Pancakes”

1. Jeanette | Jeanette's Healthy Livingposted February 28, 2014 at 7:27 am

Loving these pancakes and how easy it is to make – just 3 ingredients, can’t beat that!

2. Mariaposted February 28, 2014 at 8:06 am

I want a stack!

3. Angieposted February 28, 2014 at 8:25 am

I’ve got some coconut flour, can’t wait to try these!

4. Gabyposted February 28, 2014 at 8:46 am

What a fun & guilt free breakfast treat!

5. Heather Christoposted February 28, 2014 at 9:06 am

NO WAY!! these make me so happy!! Can’t wait to make them this weekend!

6. RavieNomNomsposted February 28, 2014 at 10:43 am

I love pancakes made with banana! I it is my preferred method actually!

7. Amandaposted February 28, 2014 at 11:01 am

These sound great. I’ll take a tall stack please! :)

8. Norma | Allspice and Nutmegposted February 28, 2014 at 11:09 am

3 ingredients. Love it.

9. Julie @ Table for Twoposted February 28, 2014 at 11:11 am

Yum!! Looks so good. Love that stack for breakfast!

10. Laura (Tutti Dolci)posted February 28, 2014 at 1:54 pm

These look killer, especially with the raspberry maple topping!

11. Tess @ Tips on Healthy Livingposted February 28, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Wow, these look delicious– I can’t believe they’re Paleo friendly! Thanks for making my life easier. I can’t wait to try them!

12. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted February 28, 2014 at 10:37 pm

These look fab! I have yet to try working with coconut flour!

13. Paula – bell’alimentoposted March 1, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Wowzers! I want to try these pancakes soon!

14. Stephanieposted March 1, 2014 at 10:35 pm

These look awesome. Haven’t tried cocount flour yet. Seems like a yummy place to start

15. Laurenposted March 2, 2014 at 12:56 am

I have all the ingredients for these!! Totally bookmarking.

16. Layla @ Brunch Time Bakerposted March 2, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I used to make these for my husband when he was on the paleo diet but I usually ue almond flour and crush the bananas. This version looks great as well!

17. marlaposted March 3, 2014 at 12:16 pm

I have got to try these pancakes ASAP!

18. kelley {mountain mama cooks}posted March 19, 2014 at 10:12 am

I made these this morning and they were awesome! My husband and I are doing a 21 day cleanse and these were perfect. I was craving something comforting this morning and they hit the spot!

• Sommer — March 21st, 2014 @ 6:32 am

Thanks Kelley! So glad you liked them. :)

19. Draganaposted March 22, 2014 at 6:28 pm

These look great! Would you happen to know the nutritional content for one pancake?

20. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes | Bringing the best news to the People

21. Pingback: 33の才能3-成分のレシピ | モテメニュー特集!しかも早くて安くてうますぎ! 参考にして下さい!

22. Pingback: Jeobox – 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes

23. Pingback: Super easy paleo pancakes | Caleb K. Bell

24. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes - Kele Ka chilka

25. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes. Because Who Wants To Spend More Time Preparing Food Than Eating It?! - EpicDash

26. SJposted March 25, 2014 at 10:46 am

Are these any healthier than “normal” pancakes for someone who is not gluten free or paleo? (I refer here to simple homemade pancakes with the normal moderate amounts of flour, egg, and sugar, not some bisquick or macdonalds ones)

• Allison — August 23rd, 2014 @ 6:55 am

Note how there is no white flour, or any sugar at all….so yes, healthier. Much healthier.

27. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes

28. Pingback: 32 receitas que levam apenas 3 ingredientes | pausa dramática

29. Pingback: Paleo Apple Pancakes | She-Wolf's Food

30. Pingback: O Segredo – The Secret – O Filme – A Lei da Atração, Rhonda Byrne 33 receitas geniais de apenas três ingredientes |

31. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes | UnMotivating

32. Pingback: Gluten Free Weekly Meals (What I Ate Last Week) #5 | Tastefully Gluten Free

33. Pingback: Not So Hard and Fast Menu Plan - Wendy Nielsen

34. Bettyposted July 14, 2014 at 1:09 pm

These were the best paleo pancakes I’ve made! Yum! I like mine a little thick so I just made the silver dollar size. Topped them with a homemade raspberry reduction, my tummies dancing! Yum yum, thank you for this recipe!

35. Pingback: Gluten Free Weekly Meals (What I Ate Last Week) #11 | Tastefully Gluten Free

36. Pingback: Simple Recipes Made With Three Ingredients

37. Kristinaposted August 5, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Yummm!!! I’ll have to try these- they’re surprisingly one of the Paleo pancakes recipes I didn’t try before coming up with my own protein based ones: https://southofvanilla.squarespace.com/blog/2014/8/5/motivation-dedication-perseveration

38. Pingback: Home Economics: The “perfect” paleo pancake | The Principal of Fashion

39. Allisonposted August 23, 2014 at 7:36 am

These are by far the best Paleo pancakes I’ve tried! I’ve always liked the banana and egg pancakes, but adding the coconut flour just gives it that fluffiness I’ve been missing….I felt like I was cheating on my diet!

40. Pingback: 15 Paleo Comfort Food Recipes for Fall! - The Housewife in Training Files

41. Hannaposted October 20, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Could I freeze these and reheat one or two at a time when needed?

42. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes | Listminded.com

43. Pingback: 33 Genuis Three Ingredients Recipes That Will Change Your Life – The Awesome Daily - Your daily dose of awesome

44. Teresaposted November 2, 2014 at 9:54 am

These pancakes are so good. Put maple syrup and cinnamon on them. Great recipe!

45. Chaiiposted November 11, 2014 at 1:00 am

This is so yummy :( I’m gonna try this. :D

46. Pingback: Paleo Green Pancakes | The Paleo Recipe Blog

47. Aprilposted November 22, 2014 at 7:20 am

Wow! I didn’t realise you had a Paleo pancake recipe!! I’ve had a few disasters trying to make paleo pancakes lately!!! Will have to try these!

48. Julieposted December 9, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I made these tonight and they were pretty good for paleo pancakes. Mixing the batter in the blender made it very smooth – I added some cinnamon and a dash of salt for flavor. I made these pancakes very small because they were hard to flip. I would make these again.

49. Pingback: Healthy Living | Uniquely His

50. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes | The Health & Nutrition Silo

51. Kimiposted January 13, 2015 at 2:42 am

looooooooooooooooooooveeeee this! <3

52. Pingback: Pancakes on a Penny | Roc Meets the City

53. Pingback: 16 Great Sunday Morning Pancake Ideas | No Milk Today

54. Pingback: Cook a meal: Pinspiration: Pannenkoeken

55. Pingback: Shrove Tuesday Pancakes | Classy Cavegirl

56. Pingback: Cosmic Crossfit » Paleo Pancakes

57. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes ⋆ The NEW N!FYmagThe NEW N!FYmag

58. Pingback: 150+ Easy Recipes Using 5 Ingredients Or Less! | Rock It Like A Mom

59. Sarahposted April 1, 2015 at 9:01 am

I just made these this morning as I am newly diagnosed celiac.  they turned out so yummy.  I took others advice and made them very small to help with flipping.  Even my 3 yo son likes them and he is used to the yummy Martha stewart pancakes lol. I made a raspberry reduction with frozen raspberries, coconut oil and maple syrup. I am thankful for wonderful bloggers like you that share recipes, it helps with my new life into a celiac diagnosis and paleo living.  I will pass along this recipe. thank you.

• Sommer — April 3rd, 2015 @ 7:24 am

Hi Sarah! I’m so glad you liked the pancakes, and glad to make your diet a little more interesting. :)

60. Meghanposted April 3, 2015 at 3:25 am

Would I be able to substitute just egg whites for the eggs? Equivalent volume, (I understand it’s a 2 whites/1 whole egg ratio)… I would love to try these, and as a Celiac, I miss the odd pancake breakfast (well…. probably twice a year, but still), but I can’t do egg yolks either. Yes, my diet is very boring :(  I understand they won’t turn out quite the same but would they work at all?   Thanks in advance!

• Sommer — April 3rd, 2015 @ 7:18 am

Hi Meghan! Honestly, I’ve never tried them that way. They would certainly lose some of their richness, but may have the same general consistency. I’d love to hear how they turn out if you try it.

61. BB Migsposted April 9, 2015 at 9:51 am

Just finished making these and they were so good. I loved how they weren’t super sweet. The only thing I did differently was add in chocolate chips and topped with almond butter.  Thanks for the quick recipe.

62. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes - See You

63. Pingback: Master Chef: Paleo Pancakes | the bare necessitatas

64. Chericocoposted April 13, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Hi, love these!  Can you tell me how many pancakes equals 1 serving?

65. Chericocoposted April 13, 2015 at 1:33 pm

hi, I love love these. Can you tell me how many pancakes equals 1 serving ?

66. Pingback: 3 Things You Should Remove From Your Diet |