Paleo Pancakes

Sweet soft Paleo Pancakes, made with only 3 healthy ingredients. A cozy breakfast for those on a grain-free or dairy-free diet.

Paleo Pancakes - Easy 3-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

Nothing says breakfast like pancakes.

Anyone who is required to eat a grain-free and/or dairy-free diet, can tell you it’s the breakfast items they miss the most.

We did a whole foods cleanse in January, and it took all my willpower to stay away from sweets and my favorite breakfast dishes.

We had to come up with something to take the place of my classic pancake recipe. And fast!

How to Make Paleo Pancakes - Easy 3-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

Along with some of the other #paleo recipes you saw here last month, like White Chicken Chili and Cauliflower Fried Rice, Paleo Pancakes were a staple in our house all month.

Paleo pancakes offer all the comfort of, well, regular pancakes, without any processed ingredients, sweeteners, grains or dairy.

Simple Paleo Pancakes - Easy 3-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

Using just ripe bananas, eggs and coconut flour (and a pinch or two of salt) you can whip up tender and fluffy paleo pancakes with a little tropical flair.

Simply give these three wonder ingredients a quick whirrrr in the blender and start frying away.

Making Paleo Pancakes - Easy 3-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

The bananas add so much sweetness, you don’t even need syrup.

We served paleo pancakes all January with just fresh blueberries on top.

Perfect Paleo Pancakes - Easy 3-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

However…

They taste awfully good slathered in warm Raspberry Maple Syrup!

Easy Paleo Pancakes - Easy 4-Ingredient #Paleo #Pancakes! #Breakfast

Yield: 16 pancakes

Paleo Pancakes

• 3 large ripe bananas
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • Coconut oil for frying

1. Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. (You could preheat more than one to speed up the cooking process.) Place the bananas, eggs, coconut flour and 2 pinches of salt in the blender. Puree until smooth. The batter should be thick, but pourable. If it seems thin, add 1-2 more tablespoons of coconut flour.
  2. Brush the skillet lightly with coconut oil. Pour in a 3 inch circle of batter. Shake the skillet gently to spread the batter into a 4 inch circle. Cook for 2-4 minutes until the bottom is golden-brown and the edges are firm. Flip gently with a flexible spatula, and continue cooking another 2-4 minutes. If the bottoms turn dark, lower the heat a little.

42 Responses to “Paleo Pancakes”

Jeanette | Jeanette's Healthy Living — February 28, 2014 @ 7:27 am

Loving these pancakes and how easy it is to make – just 3 ingredients, can’t beat that!

Maria — February 28, 2014 @ 8:06 am

I want a stack!

Angie — February 28, 2014 @ 8:25 am

I’ve got some coconut flour, can’t wait to try these!

Gaby — February 28, 2014 @ 8:46 am

What a fun & guilt free breakfast treat!

Heather Christo — February 28, 2014 @ 9:06 am

NO WAY!! these make me so happy!! Can’t wait to make them this weekend!

RavieNomNoms — February 28, 2014 @ 10:43 am

I love pancakes made with banana! I it is my preferred method actually!

Amanda — February 28, 2014 @ 11:01 am

These sound great. I’ll take a tall stack please! :)

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — February 28, 2014 @ 11:09 am

3 ingredients. Love it.

Julie @ Table for Two — February 28, 2014 @ 11:11 am

Yum!! Looks so good. Love that stack for breakfast!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — February 28, 2014 @ 1:54 pm

These look killer, especially with the raspberry maple topping!

Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living — February 28, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

Wow, these look delicious– I can’t believe they’re Paleo friendly! Thanks for making my life easier. I can’t wait to try them!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — February 28, 2014 @ 10:37 pm

These look fab! I have yet to try working with coconut flour!

Paula – bell’alimento — March 1, 2014 @ 8:55 pm

Wowzers! I want to try these pancakes soon!

Stephanie — March 1, 2014 @ 10:35 pm

These look awesome. Haven’t tried cocount flour yet. Seems like a yummy place to start

Lauren — March 2, 2014 @ 12:56 am

I have all the ingredients for these!! Totally bookmarking.

Layla @ Brunch Time Baker — March 2, 2014 @ 4:41 pm

I used to make these for my husband when he was on the paleo diet but I usually ue almond flour and crush the bananas. This version looks great as well!

marla — March 3, 2014 @ 12:16 pm

I have got to try these pancakes ASAP!

kelley {mountain mama cooks} — March 19, 2014 @ 10:12 am

I made these this morning and they were awesome! My husband and I are doing a 21 day cleanse and these were perfect. I was craving something comforting this morning and they hit the spot!

• Sommer — March 21st, 2014 @ 6:32 am

Thanks Kelley! So glad you liked them. :)

Dragana — March 22, 2014 @ 6:28 pm

These look great! Would you happen to know the nutritional content for one pancake?

SJ — March 25, 2014 @ 10:46 am

Are these any healthier than “normal” pancakes for someone who is not gluten free or paleo? (I refer here to simple homemade pancakes with the normal moderate amounts of flour, egg, and sugar, not some bisquick or macdonalds ones)

• Allison — August 23rd, 2014 @ 6:55 am

Note how there is no white flour, or any sugar at all….so yes, healthier. Much healthier.

Betty — July 14, 2014 @ 1:09 pm

These were the best paleo pancakes I’ve made! Yum! I like mine a little thick so I just made the silver dollar size. Topped them with a homemade raspberry reduction, my tummies dancing! Yum yum, thank you for this recipe!

Kristina — August 5, 2014 @ 9:35 pm

Yummm!!! I’ll have to try these- they’re surprisingly one of the Paleo pancakes recipes I didn’t try before coming up with my own protein based ones: https://southofvanilla.squarespace.com/blog/2014/8/5/motivation-dedication-perseveration

Allison — August 23, 2014 @ 7:36 am

These are by far the best Paleo pancakes I’ve tried! I’ve always liked the banana and egg pancakes, but adding the coconut flour just gives it that fluffiness I’ve been missing….I felt like I was cheating on my diet!

1. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes | Bringing the best news to the People

2. Pingback: 33の才能3-成分のレシピ | モテメニュー特集!しかも早くて安くてうますぎ! 参考にして下さい!

3. Pingback: Jeobox – 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes

4. Pingback: Super easy paleo pancakes | Caleb K. Bell

5. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes - Kele Ka chilka

6. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes. Because Who Wants To Spend More Time Preparing Food Than Eating It?! - EpicDash

7. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes

8. Pingback: 32 receitas que levam apenas 3 ingredientes | pausa dramática

9. Pingback: Paleo Apple Pancakes | She-Wolf's Food

10. Pingback: O Segredo – The Secret – O Filme – A Lei da Atração, Rhonda Byrne 33 receitas geniais de apenas três ingredientes |

11. Pingback: 33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes | UnMotivating

12. Pingback: Gluten Free Weekly Meals (What I Ate Last Week) #5 | Tastefully Gluten Free

13. Pingback: Not So Hard and Fast Menu Plan - Wendy Nielsen

14. Pingback: Gluten Free Weekly Meals (What I Ate Last Week) #11 | Tastefully Gluten Free

15. Pingback: Simple Recipes Made With Three Ingredients

16. Pingback: Home Economics: The “perfect” paleo pancake | The Principal of Fashion

17. Pingback: 15 Paleo Comfort Food Recipes for Fall! - The Housewife in Training Files