Honey Sriracha Pretzel Recipe – Itty bitty pretzel knots kissed with honey and sriracha salt! This sweet and spicy pretzel recipe will be a hit on game day, or at your next party.
What’s not to love about a soft warm pretzel fresh out of the oven?
Nothing, nothing at all.
Soft pretzels are a big treat in our family.
We don’t make them very often, but when we do pull out my favorite pretzel recipe the whole family wants to get in on the action.
From the beginning stages of kneading the dough, to the sectioning, rolling, and knot tying, pretzel making is fun, fun, fun!
Super Bowl would be the perfect time to try your hand at pretzel making.
This variety, a Honey Sriracha Pretzel Recipe, is a spin on my classic pretzel recipe with a touch of honey and spicy sriracha sea salt from Saltworks.us.
Each little dough rope is tied into a loose knot then sprinkled with Saltworks’s vibrant Fusion Sriracha Salt to add a little kick for good measure.
These small knots are the perfect size to share with friends on game day.
The trick to creating the chewy exterior is to dunk each pretzel in boiling baking soda water before placing them in the oven. This forms a skin on the outside of each pretzel.
(Make sure to keep an eye on your water as it comes to a boil. Baking soda water boils over easily, as you can see on the sides of my pot!)
Then brush each pretzel with egg wash made from an egg yolk and water, and sprinkle generously with Sriracha Salt.
Saltwork’s Fusion Gourmet Sea Salts are really fun to experiment with because they come in so many zesty flavors. If you aren’t keen on sriracha, you could always try the Espresso Brava, Wild Porcini, Thai Ginger, or Matcha Salt.
Plus they are made here in the US and are completely natural and unprocessed.
Now bake the pretzels for 12-14 minutes until nice and dark for irresistible party snacks, flavorful enough to eat on their own…
Yet also great for dipping!
Honey Sriracha Pretzel Recipe
Yield: 48 knots
Prep Time:40 minutes active time
Cook Time:22-25 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry active yeast (1 packet)
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Sea Salt from Saltworks
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 1/2 cups (24 ounces.) all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg yolk + 3 tablespoons water for egg wash
- Fusion Sriracha Salt from Saltworks
- 3 quarts water (for boiling)
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- Place lukewarm water and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the yeast on top of the water. Let it foam for 5-10 minutes. Using the dough hook, mix in the sea salt, honey, flour and melted butter on low speed until well combined. Change to medium speed and "knead" until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, spray the bowl with nonstick spray, then place the dough back in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and sit in a warm place for at least 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Bring 3 quarts of water and the baking soda to a boil in large sauce pot.
- Dump the dough out onto a slightly floured work surface and divide into 4 equal pieces. Then cut each piece into 6 equal strips. One at a time, roll each strip into a 10 inch rope and cut in half. Then tie each half in a loose knot and place on a cookie sheet.
- Put the pretzels into the boiling water, 5-6 at a time, for 30 seconds. Remove from the water using a skimmer. Return to the cookie sheet and brush each pretzel with the beaten egg yolk and water mixture. Sprinkle with Fusion Sriracha Salt. Bake until dark golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
More Pretzel Recipes
Beer Pretzel Footballs – Hungry Happenings
Pretzel Dog Bites – The Noshery
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Saltworks. All opinions are my own.
Paleo Ranch Dressing + Buffalo Chicken Salad Next Post
Instagram Immersion Blender Giveaway