Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops – Fresh juicy strawberries dipped in not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR layers of chocolate and sitting pretty on a stick! These fruity chocolate pops make a wonderful Valentine’s Day treat to give to friends.
I couldn’t wait another moment to start sharing Valentine’s Day goodies with you…
With all the pink and red cupcake liners, sprinkles, and glittery cards in the stores right now, you should be amazed I was able to wait this long. Two points for will power.
The kids always look forward to taking homemade Valentine treats to their friends and teachers. Each year we try to come up with something creative and tasty (but not too complicated) that we can make fresh the night before Valentine’s Day.
Chocolate covered strawberries are the quintessential Valentine treat, so this year I thought we’d put our own spin on this classic.
Like Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops!
We placed each strawberry on a long paper lollipop stick and prepared a drying rack out of a piece of styrofoam. I even left the plastic wrapping on the styrofoam, in case we were especially messy.
Then we melted chocolate and dipped each strawberry into the chocolate, making sure they were thoroughly coated.
After they dried a bit, which only takes a few minutes, we melted colored Candy Melts and took turns dipping the pops in red, pink and white candy coating, to create colorful layers.
On the last layer, we sprinkled the tops with Valentine candy sprinkles!
Viola! Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops are a decadent treat the kids can make almost completely on their own.
Their faces were priceless as they bit into these Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops.
With mouths full of chocolate and strawberry juice dripping down their chins, they agreed this was the treat to wow their friends, letting them know just how much we love them.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops
Yield: 24 pops
Prep Time:30 minutes
- Pinch the stem and leaves off the top of each strawberry and gently insert a lollipop stick in the center. Prepare a piece of styrofoam to hold the pops, by punching 24 holes in it with one of the sticks.
- Using a double boiler, slowly melt the chocolate over low heat. (Or use the microwave method - Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.)
- Dip the strawberries in the chocolate, coating down to the stick. Make sure there are no gaps/bubbles anywhere or the strawberry juices will seep out. Gently shake off the excess and place in the Styrofoam holder to dry.
- Once the chocolate is dry, repeat this process with the colored candy melts, alternating colors, and dipping less deep into the melted chocolate to create colored layers. (You may have to reheat/melt your colored chocolate a few times during this process.)
- After the final dip on each pop, quickly sprinkle the top with Valentine colored sprinkles and place back in the holder to dry. Wrap and distribute immediately.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Love our recipes? Subscribe via email, so you never miss one!
We respect your email box and privacy. Only one email is sent per week, and we never share/sell our email list. Join us below, to get a weekly recipe update + a free downloadable ebook with our top 25 most popular recipes!