Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops

Fresh juicy strawberries dipped in not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR layers of chocolate and sitting pretty on a stick! These fruity chocolate pops make a wonderful Valentine’s Day treat to give to friends.

I couldn’t wait another moment to start sharing Valentine’s Day goodies with you…

With all the pink and red cupcake liners, sprinkles, and glittery cards in the stores right now, you should be amazed I was able to wait this long. Two points for will power.

Making Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops #ValentinesDay #chocolate #strawberry #pops #holidays #gifts

The kids always look forward to taking homemade Valentine treats to their friends and teachers. Each year we try to come up with something creative and tasty (but not too complicated) that we can make fresh the night before Valentine’s Day.

How to Make Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops #ValentinesDay #chocolate #strawberry #pops #holidays #gifts

Chocolate covered strawberries are the quintessential Valentine treat, so this year I thought we’d put our own spin on this classic.

We placed each strawberry on a long paper lollipop stick and prepared a drying rack out of a piece of styrofoam. I even left the plastic wrapping on the styrofoam, in case we were especially messy.

Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops #ValentinesDay #chocolate #strawberry #pops #holidays #gifts

Then we melted chocolate and dipped each strawberry into the chocolate, making sure they were thoroughly coated.

After they dried a bit, which only takes a few minutes, we melted colored Candy Melts and took turns dipping the pops in red, pink and white candy coating, to create colorful layers.

How To - Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops #ValentinesDay #chocolate #strawberry #pops #holidays #gifts

On the last layer, we sprinkled the tops with Valentine candy sprinkles!

Viola! A decadent treat the kids can make almost completely on their own.

Simple Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops #ValentinesDay #chocolate #strawberry #pops #holidays #giftsCute Dishes from Villeroy & Boch.

Their faces were priceless as they bit into these chocolate coated strawberry pops.

With mouths full of chocolate and strawberry juice dripping down their chins, they agreed this was the treat to wow their friends, letting them know just how much we love them.

Yield: 24 pops

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops

• 24 average size strawberries, dry
  • 12 oz. baking chocolate
  • 6 oz. pink candy melts
  • 6 oz. white candy melts
  • 6 oz. red candy melts
  • Valentine sprinkles
  • 24 lollipop sticks

1. Pinch the stem and leaves off the top of each strawberry and gently insert a lollipop stick in the center. Prepare a piece of styrofoam to hold the pops, by punching 24 holes in it with one of the sticks.
  2. Using a double boiler, slowly melt the chocolate over low heat. (Or use the microwave method - Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.)
  3. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate, coating down to the stick.  Make sure there are no gaps/bubbles anywhere or the strawberry juices will seep out. Gently shake off the excess and place in the Styrofoam holder to dry.
  4. Once the chocolate is dry, repeat this process with the colored candy melts, alternating colors, and dipping less deep into the melted chocolate to create colored layers. (You may have to reheat/melt your colored chocolate a few times during this process.)
  5. After the final dip on each pop, quickly sprinkle the top with Valentine colored sprinkles and place back in the holder to dry. Wrap and distribute immediately.

44 Responses to “Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Pops”

Jeanette | Jeanette's Healthy Living — January 29, 2014 @ 6:45 am

So fun Sommer! Such a pretty treat for Valentine’s Day!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — January 29, 2014 @ 7:03 am

You had me at 4 layers of chocolate!
    These are seriously the cutest things I have seen in awhile! And, they are so easy and much healthier than some of the other Vday treats.

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — January 29, 2014 @ 7:03 am

These are so pretty! I’m sure the kids had a blast dipping these. I will most likely use your version for a valentine’s dinner I’m attending.

Betty Lynne — January 29, 2014 @ 7:17 am

I am certain that my daughter will be thrilled when she sees this — especially since your daughter is in her class! Love these! Almost too pretty to eat. Almost!

marla — January 29, 2014 @ 7:48 am

These are more than adorable!

Kevin @ Closet Cooking — January 29, 2014 @ 7:54 am

These strawberry pops look amazing! So fun!

Belinda@themoonblushbaker — January 29, 2014 @ 8:08 am

The four colors are so pretty! I might not be fan of pink but I sure could sure use a batch of these to decorate my kitchen with.

Maria — January 29, 2014 @ 8:25 am

Too cute for words!

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc.al — January 29, 2014 @ 8:25 am

lovely lovely!

Tieghan — January 29, 2014 @ 8:31 am

Oh my gosh, these are so cute!! What a fun treat for Valentines day!

Julie @ Table for Two — January 29, 2014 @ 8:41 am

These are so cute and perfect for Valentine’s Day! You should sell these, they look so profesh! haha

Jenny Flake — January 29, 2014 @ 8:42 am

Ok, these are seriously adorable!!!

Micheline — January 29, 2014 @ 9:17 am

These are soooo pretty! And way less expensive than purchased ones!

Sarah @ Miss Candiquik — January 29, 2014 @ 10:40 am

So cute! I love how you took a very simple treat and made it totally new!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — January 29, 2014 @ 10:44 am

OMG! These are flipping adorable and so perfect for Valentines Day!

Julie — January 29, 2014 @ 10:50 am

These may be the prettiest chocolate covered strawberries I’ve ever seen! I wonder if it would also work to use some gel-based food coloring in melted white chocolate for the pink layers… because I have lots of pink coloring + white chocolate, but no candy melts. Might have to experiment over here!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — January 29, 2014 @ 10:56 am

I can’t even handle the cuteness of these Sommer!! Absolutely adorbs!

Becentsable — January 29, 2014 @ 1:07 pm

I just shared this wonderful recipe with my readers. Can’t wait to try this one!!

Courtney @ Neighborfood — January 29, 2014 @ 2:11 pm

These are GORGEOUS! All you needed to say was four layers of chocolate, and I was in!

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — January 29, 2014 @ 3:00 pm

truth – my level of impatience is so high there’s no way I’d last four round of dipping before digging in. but alas, if you have willpower they do looks pretty amazing!

Gaby — January 29, 2014 @ 4:28 pm

These are the cutest!

Marjory @ Dinner-Mom — January 29, 2014 @ 6:43 pm

Ultimate decadence! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!

vaishali — January 29, 2014 @ 6:55 pm

I want to ask about melting candy melts because when I melt it and coating on pops its not stick properly and candy melts became thick. We have to add anything while melting candy please reply me on my mail

• Sommer — January 29th, 2014 @ 7:54 pm

Hi there, I wonder if your strawberries were wet from washing. That might have caused the chocolate to slide off.

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — January 30, 2014 @ 8:04 am

These are so clever! Perfect treat for Valentine’s Day!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — January 30, 2014 @ 10:42 am

These are so darn cute! Strawberries are my favorite and I love this fun treat!

Serena | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch — January 30, 2014 @ 11:04 pm

These are so cute love the pink sprinkles!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — January 31, 2014 @ 11:57 am

Sommer, these are absolutely gorgeous. My coworker is sitting here drooling and commenting on how beautiful they look. These are perfect for Valentine’s Day.

Paula – bell’alimento — January 31, 2014 @ 4:24 pm

These are just the cutest, Sommer! I can almost taste them!

Shaina — February 2, 2014 @ 11:19 am

My kids would go nuts for these. They’re so cute!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — February 2, 2014 @ 4:06 pm

Too cute, and perfect for Valentine’s!

RavieNomNoms — February 4, 2014 @ 2:16 pm

What a cute idea for Valentine’s day!!

Nutmeg Nanny — February 4, 2014 @ 3:28 pm

There is nothing better than chocolate covered strawberries and these are so adorable too :)

michael — February 5, 2014 @ 6:08 pm

Those look great and easy to make too! I am going to try this. I picked up a 4 pint container of strawberries at Sam’s this morning but I am going to use them to make a strawberry pie! :-) Love your site, good recipes and pictures too!

Heidi Kay — February 8, 2014 @ 1:21 pm

Hi! These are so gorgeous and yummy looking! Would it be okay to use the first pic for my Sunday Funday feature? I’ll clearly attribute it to you and ask that it be pinned from your site.

Coco in the Kitchen — February 12, 2014 @ 2:48 pm

Sommer, these are just so pretty!
    Great to make w the kids, too. Can’t wait. Thanks! xo

Aymie — February 12, 2014 @ 8:41 pm

Can I ask you to get more specific about your first layer “Baking Chocolate”? Did you use chocolate chips…if so semi sweet or milk? Or did you use Candy Quick/Almond bark? Thanks for the help! These are gorgeous and I’m making them to surprise the hubbs and kiddos :)

• Sommer — February 13th, 2014 @ 8:19 am

Hi Aymie, You can use any kind of chocolate you like… milk, dark, semisweet, or even almond bark. :)

Michelle — March 1, 2014 @ 12:40 am

I tried to make these earlier today and it was an epic fail :(
    I’m so sad cause they were just the most cutest thing. I washed off my strawberry sand will try again tomorrow. I really need these pops!

• Sommer — March 2nd, 2014 @ 10:22 am

Sorry Michelle,

Yes, the strawberries need to be very dry or the chocolate won’t stick. Hope your next round are successful!

1. Pingback: 20 Valentine's Day Sweets for Your Sweet - your homebased mom

2. Pingback: 60 Big Game Super Snacks

3. Pingback: Valentine’s Day: Homemade Treats & Free Printables | l.a. design llc

4. Pingback: Recetas de postres - Postres faciles - MAMAS VIAJERAS