BBQ Glazed Pineapple Ham Party Picks
The best things in life, aren’t always the hardest things. For example, this 4 ingredient party snack is so simple, yet always a winner. Sweet BBQ Sauce glazed Pineapple Ham Bites on itty bitty skewers… AKA toothpicks. Easy, yet irresistible.
We over-achievers tend to torment ourselves with the belief that everything worth having is painfully complicated.
Alas, that is not always the case. A life-long lesson for me, I’m afraid.
Walking in gorgeous 4 inch heels… not so great. Walking in sneakers, awesome.
Taking four separate flights to get to an island paradise, that ends up being no different than Key West… not all that it’s cracked up to be. Taking a quick road trip to some nearly-deserted Carolina beaches, awesome.
Getting your legs waxed… not so fun. Living in a place where people don’t care if you shave your legs, awesome. *wink*
Stressing over an elaborate menu for a get-together… wearing. Making quick and simple snacks for a party, awesome.
Awesome on so many levels.
Of course, there are things in life that are worth a struggle to achieve, but making a party snack does not have to be one of them.
Today’s simple 4-ingredient Game Day Party Snack is a keeper.
It takes almost no time to prep. It takes minimal time in the oven. And they disappear in a flash.
Simply chop ham and fresh pineapple into bite-size chunks and stick them on toothpicks. (This is a good kid-friendly chore–my two love poking food onto sticks.)
Then stir your favorite BBQ sauce with some rich sweet Musselman’s Apple Butter, and brush it on the ham and pineapple chunks. (Another great kid project.)
Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes and you have a no-fuss appetizer that everyone will enjoy!
Simple, and simply delicious.
Yield: 36 picks
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
BBQ Sauce Glazed Pineapple Ham Picks
- 2/3 cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- 2/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 lb. slab cooked ham, 3/4 inch thick (Have the deli cut one for you.)
- 1/2 a fresh pineapple
- Wood Toothpicks (You can buy fancy ones as long as they are not plastic.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pour the Musselman's Apple Butter and BBQ Sauce into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Cut the ham and the pineapple in 3/4 inch cubes, about 36 each. Place one pineapple chunk or each toothpick, followed by a chunk of ham. Stand the picks up on a baking sheet and brush each one with the BBQ sauce mixture. Cover all sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Serve warm with any extra sauce.
Like what you see? SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email.