Baked Cheesy Pretzel Poppers
Oooooooh I’ve got something special for you today! Something for Super Bowl…or this afternoon, if you can’t wait until Super Bowl. Cheesy Pretzel Poppers, BAKED so the cheese is hot and melty, then dipped in spicy Chipotle Ranch Dressing. This is a game-changer for your party menu this year.
Super Bowl Sunday is here. Everyone is arriving with chips and dips, or maybe some take-out hot wings.
But not you.
You have prepared the mother-of-all Game Day Snacks, Baked Cheesy Pretzel Poppers with Chipotle Ranch Dressing. Oozing cheesy goodness packaged in tiny bite-sized pretzel wrappings. Crispy and loaded with flavor.
You have suddenly become the star quarter back of the Super Bowl Party. The crowds roar as you shimmy across the end zone (i.e. kitchen.)
But even if it doesn’t happen like that, exactly, I can promise these will be a big hit on game day. And you will be happy to know these fabulous little poppers are healthier than most Super Bowl snacks out there.
Using reduced-fat cheese cubes and Sourdough Cheddar Pretzels from Nature Box, you can bake up a seemingly decedent snack that’s easy on your waistline.
I love having Nature Box Snacks show up on my door step each month. I can always trust the snacks we receive will be much healthier than most of the snacks I can find at the grocery store, with NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors, no high fructose corn syrup, and no partially hydrogenated oils. Ever.
Plus the kids love them! Actually, we all love them. I have to hide the Sriracha Cashews and Sour Cream & Onion Almonds from Lt. Dan if I want to get a bite!
You can serve Nature Box Snacks as they are, at your Super Bowl Party, or use them to create something marvelous, like these baked cheesy pretzel poppers.
Freeze reduced-fat cheddar cheese cubes until they are hard. Then roll the cheese cubes in egg wash and flour before rolling them in crushed Nature Box Sourdough Cheddar Pretzels.
Once baked, the crispy sourdough crust and hot cheesy centers are too much to bear.
They are fabulous to pop as-is all throughout the game, or dunk in rich creamy Chipotle Ranch sauce.
If you are interested in trying Nature Box Snacks for yourself, I’ve got a fantastic coupon code, that will take 50% off your first box! Link Here to place an order and use the discount code SPICY at checkout.
Also check out Nature Box’s brand new snack catalogue to see all their deliciously healthy options!
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Baked Cheese Curd Pretzel Bites
- 9-10 oz. reduce-fat cheddar cheese cubes (Buy precut or use cheese sticks and cut each one into 5 pieces)
- 5 oz. package Nature Box Sourdough Cheddar Pretzels
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 2 canned chipotle peppers (in adobo sauce)
- Cut the cheese sticks into 3/4 inch segments (if needed) and lay out on a narrow baking sheet. Freeze for at least one hour. (This helps them to keep their form in the oven.) Meanwhile, finely chop two chipotle peppers and mix into the ranch dressing. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spray them with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the Nature Box Sourdough Cheddar Pretzels in the food processor and pulse until ground into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and water together. Then pour the pretzel crumbs in larger bowl, and the flour in a third bowl. Remove half the cheese cubes from the freezer. Taking 3-5 at a time, dunk them in egg wash, then flour, then egg wash again. After the second dunk in egg wash, roll in the crushed pretzels and lay them on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cheese cubes out of the freezer.
- Spray the tops of the pretzel poppers with non-stick cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes. While they are baking prepare the other half of the cheese cubes for baking, and repeat.
- Once out of the oven, cool for 2-3 minutes, then serve warm with the Chipotle Ranch Dressing.
Also try coating with Nature Box Guacamole Bites and Baked Peppery Potato Fries!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Nature Box. All opinions are my own.
Get a FREE GIFT when you SUBSCRIBE to receive new posts by email: