Sweet and Savory Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread
Sweet and Savory Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread is a cozy addition to any holiday meal. This Pumpkin Bread Recipe even makes wonderful edible gifts this season!
I like a good challenge.
That’s why I married Lt. Dan. Wait, I mean… Never mind.
What I meant to say was that’s why I love baking. It gives me a chance to experiment and try new flavor combinations that are unexpected.
McCormick understands the exhilaration of a good challenge.
The current challenge is to create something bold and new with:
- Sea Salt
- and Almonds
In order to create something truly unique, I combined pumpkin, cinnamon, and brown sugar with marcona almonds and McCormick Mediterranean Salt Salt, loaded with herbs and spices.
Then I nestled all these flavors in between tender folds of soft pull apart bread.
This sweet and strikingly savory combination, is a vibrant way to accentuate the essence of the pumpkin bread recipe.
The marcona almonds not only act as a crunchy little bonus between layers, they help keep the layers from fusing together while baking.
I started with my moist yeasty pumpkin bread recipe. Then after the dough had time to rise, I rolled it out into two large rectangles, and sprinkled it with all the sweet and savory toppings.
Then I cut it into smaller pieces to layer in the bread pans.
The layers rise and fill the bread pans, creating a sticky sweet and savory pull apart bread that could be served on any holiday table.
It also makes wonderful edible gifts! just find cute ceramic bread pans you want to include as a gift and bake away!
I hope I win!
The prizes include a $1000 Gourmet Pantry Refresh Prize Package.
…But if I don’t win, I hope YOU do!
You still have time to enter McCormick’s Go 4 Gourmet Challenge. Link over to submit your creative recipe.
And there’s comfort in knowing, if neither of us win, we can at least enjoy a tender slice or two of this savory-sweet pumpkin bread recipe.
That’s a pretty good consolation prize.
Yield: 2 loaves
Prep Time: 20 minutes active time (+ thaw and rise time)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sweet and Savory Pull Apart Bread
- 2 1/2 tsp. dry active yeast (1 packet)
- 2/3 cup warm water (1/2 cup if using homemade pumpkin puree)
- 3 Tb. sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 cups Gold Medal Bread flour
- 12 Tb. melted butter, divided
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tb. McCormick Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. McCormick Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Marcona Almonds
- Using an electric mixer with a bread hook, place the warm water (just barely over luke-warm, too hot will kill the yeast) and sugar in the mixing bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let it foam for 10 minutes.
- Then turn on the mixer and add the pumpkin puree, egg and salt. Slowly add the flour. Once all the flour is in the bowl, add 4 tablespoons of melted butter. "Knead" the dough with the bread hook for 5-8 minutes.
- The dough will be smooth, but very tacky. Oil the mixer bowl, then cover with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise in the bowl for 2 hours. Mix the brown sugar, Mediterranean sea salt, cinnamon, and chopped marcona almonds in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Grease two standard 9 X 5 inch bread pans. Dump the dough out on a floured work surface, and cut into two equal pieces. Move one aside and roll the other piece out into a large rectangle, 12 x 15 inches in size. Liberally brush the dough with 4 tb. melted butter, then sprinkle half of the nut mixture over the dough.
- Use a large knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into 12 equal pieces. then stack the pieces and arrange loosely in the bread pan. Gathering any toppings that fell out and sprinkle over the top. Repeat with the remaining dough, butter, and nut mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and allow the pull apart bread loaves to rise for at least 45 minutes. Then bake for 30 minutes, until brown and crispy on top. Cool in the pans for at least 10 minutes, before dumping out.
Disclosure: This post in sponsored by McCormick Spices. All opinions are my own.
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!
26 Responses to “Sweet and Savory Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread”
Pingback: 31 Tasty Pull-Apart Recipes
Pingback: Gourmet Pantry Lubbock Small Bread Pans - test