Haleakala Holiday {Cocktail}

Aloha! Sipping Hawaiian-inspired holiday cocktails with pineapple juice and malibu rum, makes me feel like I’m celebrating the season on the islands… if I close my eyes.

Haleakala Holiday - Malibu Rum Cocktail #holiday #newyearseve #cocktails Crystal Martini Glasses from Villeroy & Boch

I’m a sucker for tiki drinks. They always make me feel like I’m on vacation.

And since I always wish I was on vacation, they are my beverage of choice.

My classic standby is Malibu rum and pineapple juice.

That is the drink Lt. Dan made me every Friday afternoon when I had screaming toddlers wrapped around my legs.

He still makes it for me on occasion when he calls me on his way home from work and I have a certain tone in my voice. He walks right in the door, kisses my forehead, and pulls out the cocktail shaker.

Good man.

Well, we’ve decided to give my old standby a little holiday facelift.

Introducing the Haleakala Holiday!

Malibu rum, pineapple juice, dark cherry juice, and champagne. That’s it. That’s all you need to make the stress of the day float away on a tropical breeze.

These holiday cocktails are such a crowd pleaser, perfect for your New Year’s Eve party this year.

Make up a large batch at the beginning of the evening and let your guests help themselves.

Let Aloha Spirit usher in the new year!

Haleakala Holiday Cocktails with Malibu Rum

• 2 oz. pineapple juice
  • 1 oz. Malibu rum (coconut rum)
  • 1/2 oz. black cherry juice
  • 3-4 oz. dry champagne

1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the pineapple juice, Malibu rum and cherry juice. Fit the lid on the shaker tightly and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
  2. Pour the beverage into a martini glass and add the champagne. Garnish with fresh pineapple, oranges, cherries, or paper umbrellas.

19 Responses to “Haleakala Holiday {Cocktail}”

Maureen | Orgasmic Chef — December 30, 2013 @ 6:30 am

It’s a gazillion degrees here in Australia this summer and this drink would be perfect to ring in the new year.

Happy New Year!

Betty Lynne — December 30, 2013 @ 7:53 am

Oh my. It’s only 9am and this sounds delightful! Nice to have something bubbly for New Year’s but with a new twist!

Kevin @ Closet Cooking — December 30, 2013 @ 9:08 am

What a tasty holiday drink!

Sandy@ReluctantEntertainer — December 30, 2013 @ 9:17 am

Fun, fun, Sommer! Happy NYE and Day to you, my friend!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — December 30, 2013 @ 9:20 am

I love the black cherry juice and bubbly in this!! Happy New Year my friend!!

marla — December 30, 2013 @ 9:23 am

Such a great NYE cocktail!!

Gwen @simplyhealthyfamily — December 30, 2013 @ 10:01 am

I’m sold! My husband and I were just wishing we could take a vacation to the beach. This is the perfect cocktail to transport us there.

Julie @ Table for Two — December 30, 2013 @ 10:03 am

Oh my gosh, pineapple and malibu was MY DRINK all through college and the fact that they’re part of the drink components makes me giddy! This is the perfect cocktail for NYE!!!

Mason Canyon — December 30, 2013 @ 10:28 am

A fun holiday drink that would be tasty anytime of the year.

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — December 30, 2013 @ 11:58 am

Cheers, Sommer! I adore pineapple and rum! Makes me wish I was on the beach:)

Coco in the Kitchen — December 30, 2013 @ 6:27 pm

I love tiki drinks, too.
    Stick a colorful paper umbrella in a glass and watch me beeline right over!
    Love the combo of flavours here, especially the cherry.
    I hope 2014 is sweet to you!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — December 30, 2013 @ 7:48 pm

Malibu rum was once my drink of choice. I need to bring it back. Love this cocktail!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — December 30, 2013 @ 8:48 pm

I love pineapple drinks, I need one of these asap! Happy New Year!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — December 31, 2013 @ 3:11 am

Sounds like the perfect way to ring in the new year – island style!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — December 31, 2013 @ 9:01 am

I’m picturing myself on a bright, sunny island sipping on this very delicious, beach-inspired cocktail. Have a wonderful New Year, Sommer!

Shaina — December 31, 2013 @ 11:03 am

I love it! Happy New Year, Sommer!

Ashley @ Sweetpea Lifestyle — December 31, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

I L-O-V-E Malibu & pineapple! While I don’t have toddlers wrapped around my legs, every Friday at ECU was TGIF. And THAT was my drink of choice. Can’t wait to add the champs and cherry juice! YUM. Cheers, to 2014!

Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen — January 3, 2014 @ 8:14 pm

I could go for one of these right now! Love it! :)

1. Pingback: 25+ New Year’s Eve Champagne Cocktail Recipes | FamilyFreshCooking.com — Family Fresh Cooking