Creamy Poblano & Turkey Soup + Giveaway
Is your fridge loaded with Thanksgiving leftovers? This creamy Turkey Soup with Poblano Peppers will give your leftovers a sassy makeover with a little southwest flair. Not even the most anti-leftover eater could resist it!
The biggest cooking day of the year is over, and I bet you could use a weekend off from cooking.
Yet, it seems there are always hungry mouths to feed, and about half of those mouths will turn up their noses to leftovers, even sacred Thanksgiving leftovers. So how do you use up your fridge full of food in a way no one will complain about?
You make creamy turkey soup with smoky poblano peppers.
This simple turkey soup recipe is so cozy, with a mild smoky heat from the poblano peppers. I used up our leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, and even the orzo stuffing I made, in a unique and irresistible way.
The mashed potatoes thicken the soup base, making it creamy and inviting and the poblano peppers provide that extra something that makes this soup seem like a completely different meal than Thanksgiving dinner. And since most of the ingredients are already cooked, it takes very little time and effort to prepare. Score!
Now go relax while your soup simmers… you’ve earned it.
Aren’t the Emile Henry Dutch Ovens in this post lovely?
They have become my go-to cooking vessels, because they retain heat so well, are dishwasher safe, and are easy on the eyes.
Today Emile Henry USA is offering a Dutch Oven Giveaway!
One lucky reader will win a 4.2 Quart Flame Ceramic Dutch Oven, in your choice of color, worth $170.
Unique qualities of Emile Henry Flame Cookware:
- New ceramic technology by the masters of Burgundy clay.
- Flame Cookware keeps food hot longer, is easy to clean and is dishwasher-safe.
- Each vessel provides gently even heat distribution; coaxes out the natural flavors of the food and maintains natural textures and colors, results in better tasting dishes.
- They are lightweight and easy to handle —up to 30% lighter than cast iron.
To enter: Follow the prompts in the automated entry form below. For US residents only.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Turkey Soup with Poblano Peppers
- 2 Tb. butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 large poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 6 cups chicken (or turkey) stock
- 3 cups roughly chopped cooked turkey
- 2 cups cooked orzo (or 2 1/2 cups leftover orzo stuffing)
- Salt and Pepper
- Place a large stock pot over medium-high heat and add the butter to the pot. Once the butter has melted, add the onions, poblano peppers and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the pot and pour in the stock. Whisk to dissolve the mashed potatoes into the stock, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, then add the turkey and orzo stuffing and simmer another 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Disclosure: This giveaway is provided by Emile Henry USA. All opinions are my own.
Get a FREE GIFT when you SUBSCRIBE to receive new posts by email:
156 Responses to “Creamy Poblano & Turkey Soup + Giveaway”
Pingback: » Giveaways–December 5, 2013