Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms
A stuffed mushroom recipe so simple, yet so inviting, you’ve got to make them at your next gathering. If you don’t have a Thanksgiving appetizer lined up for tomorrow, trust me, this is the one!
Thanksgiving dinner, the most celebrated meal of the year.
You’ve been searching all over Pinterest for the perfect side dishes and centerpiece and now the day has finally arrived.
But what’s this? You forgot to plan pre-Thanksgiving-dinner snacks?
Have no fear! I’ve got a quick 5 ingredient show-stopping party snack that will set the tone for the rest of your Thanksgiving feast…
Our Chorizo and Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Recipe!
These little atomic flavor bombs combined all the best attributes of their ingredients into fabulous one bite wonders.
Earthy, spicy, nutty, creamy, salty, kaboom!
And this stuffed mushroom recipe is so easy to whip up. Simply pop the stems off your mushrooms, stir the filling, spoon it in the mushroom cavities, and sprinkle with panela cheese.
California Panela Cheese is the secret weapon in this stuffed mushroom recipe, because it melts, bubbles and toasts into a marvelous crust that holds all the chorizo goodness inside.
And the California cream cheese unites the chorizo, mushrooms, and thyme in such a wonderful way, my only complaint is that each mushroom holds just a spoonful of filling.
Using high quality cheese, like those produced in California makes this simple stuffed mushrooms recipe really shine!
And don’t they look awesome?
Molten cheesy goodness with a punch of spice.
Chorizo and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are not only a good choice for tomorrow’s appetizer, they will make brilliant party snacks for all your holiday parties and game days this season.
With just 5 ingredients, this stuffed mushroom recipe is quick to put together. And you can believe they disappear just as fast!
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Stuffed Mushroom Recipe with Chorizo and Cheese
- 1 lb. crimini mushrooms
- 4 oz. California cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz. California Panela cheese, crumbled
- 5 oz. Mexican chorizo
- 1 Tb. fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Pop all the stems off the mushrooms and lay them up side down on the baking sheet.
- Heat a small skillet to medium-high. Sauté the chorizo, until cooked through. Then place it in a mixing bowl with the cream cheese and thyme. Mix thoroughly, then spoon the chorizo filling into the cavity of each mushroom.
- Sprinkle the top of each mushroom with crumbled panela cheese and bake for 18-20 minutes. Until the tops are brown and the mushrooms have cooked through. Serve warm.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the California Milk Advisory Board. All opinions are my own.
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!
104 Responses to “Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms”
Pingback: Salty food | Pearltrees